Local pubs with Pool tables???

Hi newbie here again!!!

Now it may seem a little rough & ready but you know, I have been a Nth London dykette for the past few years. My girl is coming over from Oz in just over 2 weeks & hasn't played pool since February & is absolutely hanging for a game, can anyone please tell me if there are any establishments in or near ED that have hidden pool tables? I have been discreetly peering through pub windows for the last 2 weeks & have been brave enough to go in Rye Hotel, The Vale & EDT but with no luck.

Any info gladly appreciated.

Cheers GG

As I said, I've never been in, but I've heard it's rough.

I've been working in the CPT for a few months and some of the Castle regulars come down sometimes. Generally they're fine - a bit loud, I suppose. The thing is with pubs, though, it all depends on when you go. During the day or on a quiet week night it's probably absolutely fine!

GG

I have played on the pool table in The Castle several times - it's only one table and usually has someone who "owns" the table so just going and hoping to play with partner or friend can be pot luck

The Plough used to have 2 tables but that is about the only good thing to be said for it

The best bet my miles is The Gowlett - coincidentally the venue for the drinkup next week so you can get a feel for it then

Ah the Gowlett! I forgot they had a pool table!

Go there! I like it and don't get down there enough.

That said I've hear mixed things: rubbish on a busy weekend night, but I love it for a sunday pizza and pint in good weather :-)

There's actually a 'Pool room' in 'The Wishing Well' on the crossroads of Bellenden/Choumert. Nice pub, not gastro like and fairly local-ish still but a mixed crowd. Hsve played pool there(I am shocking) a couple of times when my drunkedness seems to give me newfound confidence on the table but reality always kicks in when I am beaten...

Hiow dare you come to OUR ED and ask about pool tables - we are far too up our own arses to play pool.If you wish to associate wth the riff raff who play pool, then I would suggest Peckham or Somewhere more "gritty" may be more to your liking

Well the irony was instantly apparent to me.....but I confess it's a trifle worrying that others' first reaction was to take yoru words at their face value.

And relying on emoticons to convey a mood or nuance is I think the first resort of the inarticulate and should be eschewed at all costs >:D<

Someone should really open a pub dedicated to pub 'sports'. Darts, Shove, Skittles, Bar Skittles, Bar Billiards, Pool. Table football?

That would be amazing. We could have a massive pintathalon every week, without having to travel in between pubs.