Ipod found poking out of the snow in Peckham Rye Park

artypants

Midst snowball fight I spotted two white headphones sticking out of the snow. At the end of them under the snow was a cold ipod. It has the words "I could not live without you" on the back. Happy to return it to its owner - just let me know what kind of ipod it is and some of the music on it.

I'm thinking that iPods are registered for use only with specific PCs, and the PCs are only allowed to work with specific iTunes accounts, which in turn require credit cards that require addresses...

It's probably a bit too much like hard work, but then again it might be fun playing detective and seeing if you can join the dots to find the owner?

Like you thinking Huguenot! I bet someone's day has been ruined by losing it, was too deep in the snow to be anyone nearby.

Not sure how i'd find out which PC it is registered to... don't want to connect it to mine in case it wipes all the music. My mate might put a sign up in her shop which is near the rye...

A few suggestions

Go to the Apple store next time you're in town and tell them that you've found an iPod. They should be able to look up the serial number if it's registered and might send an email to say that you've got it. The last bit is the bit I'm not sure whether they'd do.

You should be able to plug it into yours and it will warn you whether it's going to wipe the library. Comes up with a message about it being linked to a different library and do you want to switch it to yours. Just say no.

I think it should still mount the iPod though and let you navigate the songs on it. If it does, go to Music and look at the Kind column for any Protected AAC audio files. They're ones which were bought on iTunes. If you do a Get Info on that song (rightclick and choose Get Info), the summary tab should tell you the name of the person and the email address that they use on iTunes.

Last idea is to go to Extras and then Contacts and see if they use that functionality and call/text/email someone on the list?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I don't know how spoillable food can be used as evidence in whatever imaginary CSI scenario you are imagining.  And yes, three times. One purchase was me, others were my partner. We don't check in with each other before buying meat. Twice we wrote it off as incidental. But now at three times it seems like a trend.   So the shop will be hearing from me. Though they won't ever see me again that's for sure.  I'd be happy to field any other questions you may have Sue. Your opinion really matters to me. 
    • If you thought they were off, would it not have been a good idea to have kept them rather than throwing them away, as evidence for Environmental Health or whoever? Or indeed the shop? And do you mean this is the third time you have bought chicken from the same shop which has been off? Have you told the shop? Why did you buy it again if you have twice previously had chicken from there which was off? Have I misunderstood?
    • I found this post after we just had to throw away £14 of chicken thighs from Dugard in HH, and probably for the 3rd time. They were roasted thoroughly within an hour of purchase. But they came out of the oven smelling very woofy.  We couldn't take a single bite, they were clearly off. Pizza for dinner it is then. Very disappointing. 
    • interesting read.  We're thinking about the same things for our kids in primary school as well. One thing I don't understand about Charter ED is whether they stream / set kids based on ability.  I got the impression from an open evening that it is done a little as possible. All i could find on-line was this undated letter - https://www.chartereastdulwich.org.uk/_site/data/files/users/18/documents/9473A8A3547CCCD39DBC4A55CA1678DC.pdf?pid=167 For the most part, we believe in mixed ability teaching and do not stream in Year 7 or Year 8. The only exceptions to this are that we have a small nurture class for Maths. This is a provision for students who scored lower than 85 in their SATS exams and is designed to support them to acquire the skills to access the learning in mainstream class. We do not have nurture classes for any other subjects. We take a more streamed - though not a setted - approach in Maths and Science from Year 9 onwards. though unsure if this is still accurate reflection of policy, and unsure of difference between streaming and setting.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In