What are the chances of my Ocado delivery arriving today?

Funnily enough I was concerned about the same thing (SO middle class east Dulwicch lol). And then, magically, I saw the van out and about at about 8am this morning. Like Santa's foody sleigh.

So never fear, it looks like our fairtrade hand knitted museli will arrive after all :)

My milkman bravely made his way to my door today too (also with 2 days worth of milk, maybe we've got the same milkman!). Poor guy looked frozen, but still managed a cheerful chat before trudging on his way (being pelted with snowballs by my neighbours kids!).

I saw an Ocado van driving down my road at about 10am, so there are some vans out.

Please - we must stop this now. Ocado is a sign of obvious excess. We must send our housekeepers to do the shopping in Morrison's on the bus. This is the credit crunch darlings...

Until Ocado start to deliver in unmarked vans like Net-a-porter, they will not be summoned by me to deliver to my home. It is so very over!

Mellors Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ocado = Tesco price match, free delivery and I had

> a 15% off voucher this week. Very credit crunch

> friendly!

Free delivery - how do you get that? I paid ?5.99 for delivery on my order today. Where am I going wrong?

Thank God for Ocado!

There was even talk of trying to find the tin opener at one point today - but fortunately 'our man' got through and the great news is that the airfreighted Peruvian asparagus has not been substituted.

Hope everyone else is ok!

Maybe the Ocado vans are superhuman and can take us all to work tomorrow - they seem to be able to succeed where buses and trains cannot.

We don't use Ocado every week (anymore) as but I always look forward to their turn as a you open the door to a retired bank manager type who calls you sir and is only too delighted to take the shopping through to ones kitchen for you - lovely people.

You get what you pay for - the Tesco equivalent has cheeky chappie (just out of jail/borstal) telling my wife he is not obligated to carry shopping into the customer's house if he feels it is not safe to do so.... Ha Ha..who's he kidding, the lazy boll*cks

As for that Ocado doing a Teeco price check - I think that must be complete bollocks... our Ocado shop was always significantly more expensive than the other mainstream supermarkets.

This morning's deliveries probably left their warehouse late last night so might have already been in the area before the worst of the snow landed. Post-4pm deliveries weren't likely to leave until this morning so got caught up in the chaos I'd guess.

For free deliveries from Ocado, you need to book the late appointments on unpopular days of the week. I can't recall paying more than ?2 or so ever!

paid for a year of deliveries up front which included my christmas one. Works out at about ?2 per delivery if I do not use it for 3 weeks of the year (when we are away)

Oh and only SOME of their items are price matched. Interestingly this week I did a second shopping list on tesco and it was pretty similar. Sometimes however Ocado has been up to ?8 more expensive (on a ?120 shop)

jocelyn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Also net a porter have their logo on their vans!

> I've seen them deliver to a lucky person on my

> road several times.

Yes, but you can request for it to be delivered in a brown paper bag, in an unmarked vehicle sweetie.

My housekeeper came home from Morrisons unscathed - yes she walked five miles, but the exercise did her good. Even pensioners need to keep fit you know (sigh).