buses? (are they running today)

I waited for a number 40 bus for ages this morning - it might have been running this morning but it's not any more or the service is so reduced that they might just not bother at all! Lies and incomptence from Transport for London. What's new?

alice1586 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Number 40 is running, but seems to be starting on

> grove vale, just before ED station.

Ah.. that would explain why there were none to be seen at The Plough! 176 when it got to the Plough was rammed full... had to get the diverted 363 to E&C and tube it in. Not too bad a journey all things considered.

alice1586 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Number 40 is running, but seems to be starting on

> grove vale, just before ED station.

That seems to be the case, the bus started there this morning. Top tip - don't wait at ED station bus stop, get on at Grove Vale, it will be full in the 100m to ED station.

Got the No 40 to E&C this morning - only took 20 mins. Nice man got up and gave me his seat! There are plusses in getting older! Then got No 12 to Oxford circus - big hold up on Whitehall and Trafalgar square so had to get off and walk for a bit before getting another bus to work. About an hour and twenty in total

Ditto the futility of trying to get on the 176 from Lordship Lane. Crowds of people at every stop. I walked as far as the Harveste, and decided there wasn't a chance. So now I'm on the 363 to Elephant where I plan to get a tube. In comparison to the 176 this one cruised half empty down Barry Road.

Bit late for cg, but the 197 was running (albeit infrequently). I got to East Croydon by getting the 363 which was conveniently running up Barry Road to Crystal Palace and a 157 to West Croydon and walked the rest - mmmmmm only a mere 90 minutes.

Good avo peeps,

I know there were some 40s running towards town earlier this morning (as my flatmate saw them), though I didn't see any later on in the morning when I was looking to head in (9:30 onwards), and I was out on the rode for a fair amount of time.

Just wondering if anyone knows if they're running in the other direction for the way home? If so, then I can make my way to London Bridge to catch one for the way home (trains still not running) but if not then I'll need an alternate route.

Thanks - please keep us updated if you hear or see anything and I'll do likewise.