Leaflets pleading for clothes

Thatz pushed thro' yer door with a picture of Children / Angels on - run by a Lithunian company and flogging this stuff to belarus and the kaunas market trade - has anyone actually fallen for this low down exploitative scam ?

They are not charities. The more truthful of them will explain they are a business that sells clothes at affordable prices to poor people abroad, or that they get money to recycle them. I think that is fair enough. You pays your money etc. Those that don't, well, keep a copy and send it to the local trading standards folks, or a local Councillor. That's the only way to do it. Compost the paper or recycle it, that's the best you can do. Nero

There was a report on BBC breakfast news this morning about this very thing. Clothes Aid have launched motor cycle patrols to catch people nicking the bags of clothes intended to support Great Ormand Street hospital. They estimated that 50 tonnes worth of clothing was going to these sharks!

I've had several of those 'help people in Eastern Europe' leaflets through the door and in small writing at the bottom it says something like, by donating clothes the donor is supporting people in jobs in the UK who sort the clothes and do whatever they need to do to send them across to Lithuania! Hmm I wonder if they pay them the minimum wage?!

i almost got nicked in 1993 when myself and a few mates stumbling back home from the forresters happened upon a few sacks of clothing left outside the charity shop corner of g vale/lsl. being slightly the worse for wear we decided to have a rummage and got some nice bras,skirts etc and proceded to dress up and parade up and down the road,luckily the officers in the patrol car that happened upon us saw the funny side of things and let us go with a pretty severe telling off.still if i learnt one lesson it was black lace dosent suit me.