Co-Op Pharmacy - Lordship Lane

macroban

Apparently it's making a large annual loss and it's future is uncertain. It's well located and really ought to be viable, but whenever I go in, which is quite often, I'm struck by the lacklustre vibes which seem to emanate from everyone working there.

With some dynamic management, it really ought to be able to fend off the competition from the other chemists.

Is it just me, or is it also full of the wrong stuff? I went in to bu some basic baby feeding stuff and it was hopeless and totally outdated.

Sorry, but keep up or fail. I would much rather see a boots there.

TJ, I agree completely. Seems to be full of lots of nice toiletry gift ideas for your gran, but lacking in a lot of the basics that you'd expect from a pharmacy. It's such a good space in a great location, I hope they can save it but I think they'd do well to have a rethink about stock.

Same Co-op company as the supermarket and Co-op Funeral directors.

All part of the happy shiny co-operative chain of which we members get our profit dividends.

I hope it does not close.

But the Lloyds one round the corner in North Cross Road, that's not much better but maybe there's not room enough for the both of them.

A pity yes but they surely have only themselves to blame.

I would gladly have gone in there and bought things or got prescriptions, particularly now the pharmacy on North Cross Road has become a chain, but on the rare occasion I have ventured in I found the atmosphere so incredibly depressing and the range of stuff on sale so totally unlike anything I wanted to buy, I couldn't wait to get out again.

I heard Boots are interested which would be great as they seem to know how to run a Chemist shop i.e. stock things that people want, open on a Sunday, have friendly staff. Unfortunately Co-op are definitely going to be keeping the Somerfield store, even though Waitrose would have bought it if Co-op were willing to sell.

I hate the Boots in Peckham, the staff are usually so miserable even to those of us who are polite and friendly!

And I would not say it is big. The one in Lewisham is big.

I agree that independent pharmacies would be in keeping with the Lordship Lane way of doing things, but they have to sell what people want. Like Boots hand cream, Boots bubble bath, Boots foot spa stuff, Boots Evening Primrose Oil talcum powder...

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> Not the first I have heard of either karter -

> assuming it's not gossip, what makes landlords

> think NOW is a good time for a rent-rise? Surely

> better to keep existing tenants on-side as it were

> and guarantee the income

Landlords have to survive too SeanMC