pubs and bars in East Dulwich - which ones are best?

chloejo

What kind of place do you prefer? Noisy with music or at a level to chat? Crowded place or more spacious and chilled out? Somewhere that does food - meals or nibbles - or do you just want to drink? Would you rather somewhere with a decent wine list, a decent cocktail list or a decent range of beers?

I really like the bishop, LOVE THE RYE, EDT but not when its packed.. Have always wanted to go in to the palmerston but it just hasnt worked.. If you are watching your pennies then avoid adventure bar but on the right night it can be a funky scene.. Oh and the pheonix at denmark hill is the nuts!!

The Rye is great, quirky feel to it and friendly management and staff. Even better in Summer.

Black Cherry is becoming my favourite bar on the Lane, good vibe, good service, great cocktails and you can hear yourself think. EDT is good for an afternoon chill out and has good music on a sunday evening, gets rather noisy on Fri and Sat evenings; but they do have some great DJs.

Adventure Bar pulls in a younger crowd and is pricey BUT they do half price cocktails until 8.

The Bishop is something of a pulling palace of an evening BUT does great Sunday lunches although the service can be a bit patchy.

Hoopers is our nearest bierodrome with good tap ale and bottled European beers and ales.

The Gowlett - does the best pizzas.

Celebrate Valentine's Day with a meal at one of our restaurants. Enjoy an unforgettable experience with the special person in your life.

Special Valentine's Day menus have been created especially for the day.

To find out more information regarding the Valentine's Day menus and availability please contact our reservations team:

the magnolia

honk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>> Palmerston is good for food, but full of braying

> poshos bleating loudly into Blackberry

> speechtools.

>

>

xxxxxx

Blimey, I must lower the tone when I'm in there then, which is quite frequently :))

benlechef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Celebrate Valentine's Day with a meal at one of

> our restaurants. Enjoy an unforgettable experience

> with the special person in your life.

>

> Special Valentine's Day menus have been created

> especially for the day.

>

> To find out more information regarding the

> Valentine's Day menus and availability please

> contact our reservations team:

> the magnolia

I'd rather be shackled in rags, being fed saucepanfuls of my own boiling blood by a masked torturer than sit in the company of other couples on Valentine's Day.

Yeah! I couldn't agree more Honk. Absolutely vile. I'm hoping most of the pubs stay Valentine's Day free and leave it to the restaurants to go all smaltzy on us.

It's looking increasingly likely that I shall lock myself away on Valentines night with two or three bottles of claret, a couple of spliffs, an Indian takeaway and Match Of The Day.