Con woman visited. Police called. Update v soon!

char1ie

Oh well. Police clearly can't be arsed to do anything. Woman "Lisa" is long gone. I hate to think that anyone would actually open their door and hand over their cash to this thief.

If you're going to run a scam, at least make it original or interesting.

Charlie

999 is for emergencies only. The correct thing to do would be to phone the local police station, or the standard non-emergency number: 0300 123 1212. But even then, unless the lady is acting in a threatening way, I'd be surprised if the police acted on it.

Not sure it's a case of "can't be arsed", more like a lack of resources, abundance of paperwork, and higher-priority crimes.

Can we not set a trap for her in the manner of Indiana Jones. Dig a deep ditch outside the front door. Cover with a remote control trapdoor. When she comes a'knockin, say you're popping inside to get a wallet, push the button, and hey presto, you'll be keeping the devil way down in the hole until such time as community wardens can hoof it round there.

You could maybe put some books and jelly in there to keep her occupied and avoid accusations of cruel and unusual punishment.

RosieH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can we not set a trap for her in the manner of

> Indiana Jones. Dig a deep ditch outside the front

> door. Cover with a remote control trapdoor. When

> she comes a'knockin, say you're popping inside to

> get a wallet, push the button, and hey presto,

> you'll be keeping the devil way down in the hole

> until such time as community wardens can hoof it

> round there.

>

> You could maybe put some books and jelly in there

> to keep her occupied and avoid accusations of

> cruel and unusual punishment.

Why don't you all give her a good kicking. The amount of money she's had off you she's got it coming.

>>Why don't you all give her a good kicking. The amount of money she's had off you she's got it coming.<<

Because us sandals-wearing Guardianistas lack the physical co-ordination to give a kicking whilst wringing our hands in anguish... :))

SimonM Wrote:

> >>Why don't you all give her a good kicking. The

> amount of money she's had off you she's got it

> coming.

> Because us sandals-wearing Guardianistas lack the

> physical co-ordination to give a kicking whilst

> whilst wringing our hands in anguish... :))

Apologies SimonM. I should have taken that into account. Me and Tillietrotter will provide megaphones for you all to Tut and gasp into.

in relation to the police contact numbers the 0208 721 2443 is no longer working but the nunhead and peckham rye community police officers can be contacted on 07920233915. However they work limited hours. When I called peckham police station the night we were scammed by her they were more than happy to check if there was a police car in the area - and asked for a description and which way she went. Im pretty certain they know who she is - how old would you say the children were charlie?

I was a bit disappointed that the police didn't nick her. She went off towards Dulwich village and I was hoping for a takedown, sirens, some sort of drama. Nothing.

Anyway, keep an eye out and don't give her any cash. Nothing wrong with dialling 999 - you need to act fast to catch her before she gets away. Dialling the local police station would lose you valuable minutes. This woman is a serial criminal. She should be arrested and prosecuted. So dial 999 if she tries it on you.

Charlie

Jacbuc Wrote:

>how old would you say the children were charlie?

There were no children at the doorstep. That was her story. Kids at home, electricity run out, lives at no. 33 and... "I'm calling the police now," I said and she turned and hurried down the road.

Charlie

has anyone ever thought about getting in their car and following her (at a safe distance) to see where she actually goes. Obviously make sure she doesnt see you but would be interesting to know if she does live round that area or not

pommie Wrote:

> has anyone ever thought about getting in their car

> and following her (at a safe distance) to see

> where she actually goes. Obviously make sure she

> doesnt see you but would be interesting to know if

> she does live round that area or not

I suggested this before but fuck all came of it. If any of you do this can we have her address up on the forum so we can all go round and beg money from her. If you do I promise I'll be the first to do it. She probably lives in Dulwich village so I can't see there being any fuss.

char1ie Wrote:

> And by the way the PCSO and community wardens do

> not have the ability to arrest a criminal and are

> powerless, so pointless to involve them when there

> has been a crime committed.

>

> Charlie

PCSO's can detain a suspect for half an hour, whilst waiting for back-up.

I had a PCSO try to detain me and he did not have the power to arrest, or handcuff me. I told him I was leaving and I left. He had to radio for police backup to intercept me - don't worry, it wasn't serious, just a cycling offence.

I was tempted to follow "Lisa" but I thought I had better wait in for the police. And it was cold and wet and late ;-)

Charlie

bigbadwolf Wrote:

If you do I promise I'll be the first to do it. She probably lives in Dulwich village so I can't see there being any fuss.

Joint First bbw!...over the years there has been the odd occassion when I "know" someone is not genuine and taking the pizzicato, at which point I have, with a straight face, asked them for money.

They don't like it up 'em...;-)

Power To Detain - Paragraph 2 of Schedule 4 to the Police Reform Act 2002 - one out of about thirty powers that the PCSO's do have. And no, I am not a PCSO. They do have the same powers of arrest as other ordinary citizens and can arrest anyone without warrant if they know or believe they have committed an indictable offence, but individual force guidelines usually instruct them not to use this power. The solution to the problem of this con woman - a citizen's arrest?