FelicityNormal Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In a way this is connected to the con woman

> thread. A lot of you have encountered the female

> scam artist. How many of you ladies have

> encountered the Local Lothario? He runs a local

> business on Lordship Lane.

xxxxxxx

Are we talking Goose Green end? If so, probably yes.

FelicityNormal Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In a way this is connected to the con woman

> thread. A lot of you have encountered the female

> scam artist. How many of you ladies have

> encountered the Local Lothario? He runs a local

> business on Lordship Lane.

You're not referring to the sleazes who access the laptops of ladies using their "free wifi" are you? But there are more than one of them on Lordship Lane. I did not realise that if you are using the cafe/bar's wifi you can then be on their local network and they can then access your laptop. Silly really.

snoozequeen1 wrote:

You're not referring to the sleazes who access the laptops of ladies using their "free wifi" are you? But there are more than one of them on Lordship Lane. I did not realise that if you are using the cafe/bar's wifi you can then be on their local network and they can then access your laptop

snip<

If you go to one of the wifi places you should turn off file and printer sharing and enable the firewall if you use windows. and if your wifi at home is on a unique workgroup other than the default ones. noone can connect to your machine.

It's easy when you know how.......

Hi red devil and Mickecg, unfortunately Asset's right, and the 'allegedly' isn't defence. Only 'fair comment' and legal proof are defences. Neither are applicable in this situation, and it's highly defamatory.

I don't think you guys were regulars when the Forum had its last run in with libel, and it gets very messy very quickly.

May I volunteer that you could go back and edit your posts to avoid any mention of anything that could identify the chap? Even cryptic identification is a no-no. If you can tell who he is by any means, then we all go down.