Suspect package on Ivydale Road

After reading the thread on the suspected bomb in East Dulwich, I thought I'd post here about the bomb scare we had on Ivydale Road on Thursday.

Heard lots of commotion and goings-on outside. When I looked out, saw vehicles stopped by police car blocking the road., more police cars towards the package. The bus had to wait and other cars were diverted down the side street. I was trying to make out whether it was some sort of murder/death. Policeman took out blue and white tape and tied it across the road, so not even pedestrians were allowed through. Decided to go and investigate.

By this time fire engine had arrived and was parked outside my house. I came out and asked policeman what was going on. Was told it was a suspect package. Had thoughts of poor Jacqui Smith being blocked in an unable to leave to carry out her duties. :-S

20 minutes after speaking to the policeman, he announced that it was clear now. I mentioned something about maybe someone dumping rubbish and he said it may have been.

I can't help thinking that they reacted so quickly and in such numbers because Jacqui was under threat, they probably thought somebody was trying to blow her up.

End of story.