Moxons (thank you)

Cassius

I'm bored with all these treads on William Rose where I don't go because I don't eat meat, so I want to say a big Thank You to Moxons for selling great fish and having super fishmongers who are always able to fillet for you and offer you advice on cooking, even when the shop is busy. The tuna I had this weekend was fantastic!

Jeremy, Sopers is fantastic (i'm sure this isnt a shocker coming from non-organic Louisa), and they have been around for many many years and it is good value for money, but equally I dont see anything wrong with Moxons, bought some prawns from there last year and they were superb value for money. Both are decent but I am loyal to Sopers because they always have the best quality kippers.

Louisa.

The guys in Moxons are brilliant. I don't eat meat so can't compare to WR i'm afraid but even under pressure (as they were on Saturday-apparently their busiest Saturady ever thanks to Valentine's) they are so friendly and polite. Oh and the fish is top notch too. Think Sopers is great as well, just this is nearer now.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OK Jeremy, here goes:

> For Valentines MrRose (Irony, eh?) bought two

> sirloin steak joints from the butchers at Nunhead

> (Sopers is the fishmongers). He cooked them

> perfect and we had them with mushrooms peas and a

> bottle of champagne.

Eh? This is a fishmongers thread...