Energy Sure at the door tonight

elizlondon

I had someone knock on my door this afternoon and flash me a badge from Energy Sure. I instantly said 'no I'm not interested' and closed the door, but upon visiting their website, I can see that they're apparently aiming to get a better deal for energy consumers and have set up a selling code of conduct and the like.

I guess it's rather telling that energy companies have such a bad doorstep-selling approach that I instantly wanted to get rid of him, assuming it was just another in the long line of sellers.

E

E,

The link you have posted takes you through to the Energy Retail Association. These aren't necessarily trying to get you a better deal; the ERA is an industry association (PR people essentially) set up to lobby government and promote/defend the industry's interests in the media and with government when the big 6 power companies don't have the guts to front up criticism themselves. Hence last year when there was all the hoo ha about energy prices, these guys were all over the media rather than the PR team from British Gas, Eon, EdF etc.

Anyway, in order to stay on point, just to say that the link you have here won't get you a better deal like uswitch or money saving supermarket would do.