Trains from East Dulwich; reliable?

def

Hi,

Myself and my girlfriend are thinking about moving to the area, but we have one major concern, and that being the trainline. Where we live currently (Westcombe Park, the top Dartford line), the trains are regularly 15- 20 minutes late and you sometimes you can't even get on them as they are too crowded/ don't turn up at all (the joys of living on a Southeastern trainline).

Do you have similar problems from East Dulwich, namely, are they cancelled often and more importantly, can you even get on them? The 749 i think it is in the morning would look like the ideal train to get as it gets to L Br at a decent time.

Thanks for your help

Def

There is a 7:51 from East Dulwich, is that the one you mean? It may be 7:49 from North Dulwich, perhaps.

It's on time (give or take a couple of minutes) most of the time, it's probably only seriously knackered less than once a month. I can always get onto it, sometimes even get a seat if I board at the back.

The service has often been down on Sundays... not sure if this is set to continue into the future.

I have to agree generally on time and if late by only a few minutes.. The 8.05 if you can stretch it out a little further time wise is great as there is far more room and generally you will get a seat whereas the 7.51 can get a little crowded but everyone always gets on..

Does anyone have the timetable for the trains from ED station, or an internet link to the timetable. I never catch the train as an infrequent user, you can't just turn up and wait, as often the wait is too long. However if I had the timetable at home I may use it more often. Skip.

If you keep Peckham Rye station within range of where you live it basically doubles the number of trains in and out of London Bridge because two lines meet between East D and Peck Rye. You can pretty much always get on whatever train you want, often seats available even at peak times if you get on at the back end (why doesn't everyone?). Usually on time or within 5 minutes anyway, and there's a train 0753, 0756, 0808(?), 0816, 0826, 0838 etc - pretty frequent at peak.

skip I dont have an official timetable but these are the ones I know in the AM.. As for the PM I go to Peck Rye so just turn up at LB and there is generally a train..

If you go on to the tfl website you should be able to print out all the trains..

or pop down to the rail station and pick up a timetable from there..

I just went and did a journey planner and got all the trains between 6.30AM - 9.30AM, its not hard, so you could do that too and just write them down on a post it and stick it somewhere...

• 9 months later...
Been a while since the last post in this thread but I started taking the train from Peckham Rye to London Bridge this week and the trains seem to have been moderately delayed most of the time. Is this usual for this time of year? One of the reasons given was the 'wrong conditions' on the tracks. I'm thinking of switching to the bus instead but are they any better at the moment? I know there are works on Borough High St.

mikese22 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Surely even with a 'moderate' delay it's quicker

> by train?

Of course it is quicker. I am just wondering if it is always like this as nearly every day this week there has been delays. Ruffers, I got to the platform at around 08:02 on Wednesday, I think, and the next train was due at 08:18. I am taking the train from Peckham Rye so it is very packed when it arrives. With the amount of time spent waiting and the travel cost being more than double the bus is it worth chancing the traffic to take the bus instead?