Tessa Jowell's husband found guilty (Lounged)

snoozequeen1

Our MPs husband has been convicted of taking huge sums in bribes from some of the world's worst criminals. He has been sentenced to 4.5 years in jail.

If there is anyone out there who hasn't informed themselves about the scandal of the sale of infected blood products and the suffering of people who contracted hepatitis etc because of the vicious criminals who put this stuff on sale, and the consiglieri who advised them, please, make the effort. Where is our shame that this woman is still swanning around allowed to represent us to the world?

Jowell husband convicted of corruption

BBC Panorama - The Scandal of Infected Blood

The scandal of infected plasma In Italian

The law doesn't make sense, the portuguese lorry driver guy that killed a family of 5 by squashing them against another lorry whilst using his laptop on the motorway here in uk ONLY gets 3 years, whilst Tessas husband gets just over 4 years in Italy for just taking some bribes. The UK law system doesn't make sense.

The money was used to pay off a joint mortgage - ie in her name. She had to sign a document to have the mortgage paid off.

This is not some downtrodden or uneducated woman.

She is a government minister. She is highly ambitious. She represents this country. If you live in East Dulwich, she represents you.

She is supposed to be capable of taking responsibility. If your husband came home with an unexpected near half a million quid, would you not ask questions?

We are supposed to believe that she didn't know the kind of people her husband was working for, or the vicious dishonest criminal behaviour they are widely known to be responsible for?

Joint mortgage. Tessa Jowell signed the papers to allow it to be paid off with the money which has now been proved to have been taken as a bribe.

A bribe paid to prevent criminals being brought to justice.

Very brave people are trying to turn Italy into a decent society, that isn't ruled by crime. People in Italy have died to bring such criminals to justice.

And the best our Member of Parliament can do is have one of her mortgages paid off with the criminals' money?

I have a lot of time for Tessa Jowell. She is a really hard working MP.

A lot of women don't know what their husbands get up too, and we are certainly not accountable for their actions, just our own.

Some of us are asked to sign papers all the time by our partners... (sigh). I like to believe good of everyone - apart from the people of Lewisham, Lambeth and Peckham of course (OHMYGOD).

I must admit that I almost choked on my Crostini when I heard that someone in Italy had been found guilty of corruption...its a bit like someone in England being banged up for drinking Tea.

Theres no doubt that Berlusconi is a crooked megalomaniac and Italy as a nation has struggled to form a cohesive democracy since the country was unified under Garibaldi but the Italians keep voting him back in. Maybe its the cheap aftershave and promise of a few witty anti european jibes that gets 'em packed in at the local voting booths in their droves...well that and his near monopoly on all media outlets in Italy.

As for Jowell I say we should strip her of all her assets including the clothes shes wearing and kick her destitute ass out into the chilly February night just in case shes guilty. ;-)

snoozequeen1 said "We are supposed to believe that she didn't know the kind of people her husband was working for, or the vicious dishonest criminal behaviour they are widely known to be responsible for?"

Should this not have read "We are supposed to believe that he didn't know the kind of people his wife worked for, or the vicious dishonest criminal behavior they are widely known to be responsible for?"?

Would TJMP like to comment?

I have only just realised that she contributes to EDF.

I agree with moos that his conviction should not result in her damnation but dulwichmum please don?t say your husband could slyly pay off ?500k of your mortgage without you knowing.

True husband don?t tell there wives everything. Usually it would cover areas such as amount spent on booze, coming home late from the pub because of delayed trains and strip clubs at stag parties but half a million quid! Please?

When you think of a few recent politicians Mandy, Aitkin, Archer, etc. having a corrupt husband seems like we are being short changed.

We should all expect more from our local representative, some one far more corrupted, a thrusting ambitious go getter

who looks after their interests in a bigger, full frontal, greedy kind of way, not someone who relies on back-handers

from bent husbands to remain fiscally solvent. It makes her look so pedestrian and needy, as he seems to have the

business acumen shouldn't he be representing us? If we are going to tolerate these low lifes why not have a more

successful one under the ED flag? What do we pay all these taxes and rates for, surely we can muster up a quality

charlatan for the post.

We are in a major London borough and deserve better.