Scottish Power door to door salesman

matthew123

Had a salesman from Scottish Power just knocking on my door asking would I like to save cost of energy. I said "yes and that means closing the front door from the cold"... next thing I know he is taking a step forward and asking can he come inside... "No, No, No... I am closing the door now"... goodbye!

I was half way though a banana when all this happened... These door to door sales people are real pushy!

Years ago I was a market researcher going door-to-door and was well used to doors being shut in my face - an occupational hazard I'm afraid. However I once called at a house where, although there were no fruit involved, events certainly became quite 'fruity'... the door was opened by a very attractive brunette, in her late 30's, wearing a powder blue dressing gown and a big smile. I started my usual opening patter but then she interrupted me by inviting me into her lounge - much better than standing out in the cold, she said. What a pleasant surprise, I thought.

After she showed me to the sofa, the next surprise came when she sat down, not on some distant chair, but on the floor straight in front of me, with her knees tucked under her and her right hand stretched to her side, taking her weight. I continued with my questioning (can't recall the topic, probably TV ads for baked beans or something). Her responses were accompanied by intense eye contact and frequent hair tossing. With such overt body language, I sensed this could well be my lucky day. Soon I stopped paying any attention to my questionnaire, instead we strayed into playful, unscripted conversation. More minutes passed and I realised I was coming to the end of the questionnaire and I didn't want to go. I felt tense and nervous with anticipation... My, how quickly things change...

Like a scene from a seventies romp, the sound of tyres on gravel was heard and she said 'my husband' as I jumped up turning for the hallway - only to be met by said husband as he opened the front door. 'Hello, who are you?' he said in a friendly, amused tone... before I could stutter a reply his wife spoke for me 'he's my lover, don't you know..!' Ha ha ha we all so laughed. I think I almost ran. Crazy.