Suspicious looking man...(Ferris Road, February 20th)

Anna 82

Not sure if this is something to worry about but I have just come home and my cousin (who is staying with me) said he saw a rather suspicious looking guy this morning on Ferris Road (just off Tyrrel Rd). He kept coming up to our front door and looking through the post box and when my cousin went to answer the door, he kept running off. He came back a few times but then ran off again. Slightly concerning!

Has anyone else seen this guy today or in fact any other day in the area? Only description is he is white, dressed in dark trousers and a dark coat and had dark hair. Not very helpful I know.

Just thought I should mention it, especially to those in the area....

What are the police going to do with that info? Arrest everyone with dark clothing? I will let them know but there is nothing they will be able to do. Especially as I wasn't actually around to see it. Just wondered if anyone else had seen something?

Call the East Dulwich Safer Neighbourhood Team and alert them to his activities, they are on foot patrol in the area and can keep an eye out for suspicious behaviour... if you take a photo make sure you can't be injured when you do (i.e. the person tryign to grab the camera off you)

If you are in Nunhead / Peckham Rye then call the Peckham Rye team.

The more information they have on someone acting like this, the better the chance they have of stopping him.

He may be harmless, but then again he may not, always best not to take that chance and if the SNT's aren't on duty at the moment or it is an emergency then call 999

I remember a few years ago I heard the letterbox go at my old flat, I was working from home that day. I crept outside checked down the stairwell and I saw two men aged between 35 and 40 kick the door in to the flat downstairs, I called the Police, when they arrived I told them "Look" they are walking around that corner, they were more concerned about me saying they were about as urgent as a tranquilized slug than catching burglars, it was a good job Harry my 91 year old neighbour was out, they may have hurt him if he was in. During the time I called the Police and them actually arriving, they managed to ransack his flat, they never got caught.

Anna 82 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have reported it to the police. There isn't

> anything they can do really but they have it on

> file. I will keep my eye out and try and get a pic

> if he comes back.

there is a fair bit they can do, obviously they won,t be placing bobbies on permanent duty at the end of the street, but the likelihood is the info will be placed on daily briefing for the area and the officer responsible for the area will be aware of potential problems and will be more likely to do the occasional pass whilst on their duties, which in turn should deter the potential offender, or at least send him somewhere else, which obviously dosent solve the problem, but at least its not your problem any more.

Weird - I had a guy come up to our house (which is on the street mentioned in the post) early evening a few nights back. He tapped at the glass of the front door and rattled the letter-box. I got a strange feeling, so went up to the door and said "Who is it" loudly. He said nothing. In fact didn't seem to move. I switched on all the lights upstairs and when I looked out of the window he was gone.

Didn't phone police - what could I have said. Someone tapped on my door and wouldn't answer me. But I was very spooked and happy when husband got home!

This has happened twice to our household on Hindmans Road in the afternoon 20th of January and the 13th of February. A male matching the description has rattled our letterbox twice and looked through it and he stayed there for a while just looking through. This has been reported to the police.

Personally I feel this is a tatic to gauge whether someone is actually in, to possibly burgle the premises, or from observing the target locations that have been selected by this perp, he seems to be persistant and focusing on female households, so perhaps maybe some vigilence should be called for if you are a female living alone, in case his motives are more sinister and some protection arranged for yourselves.