EDF mention in The Observer

Leaf

Yes, apparently, according to the tedious and predictable Carole Cadwalladr, East Dulwich (SE22) is in Peckham (SE15).

She has to use this argument as she never bothered to get out of bed and doorstep those shabby neighbours of Jacqui's on Ivydale Rd. She consequently needed some way of using EDF comments to represent what 'the neighbours' might say, as it were. Ha ha.

Since when has quoting ED Forum anon. comments been a legitimate placeholder for actually talking to anybody? This is vaguely acceptable on a local rag with few resources (South London Stress...), but not on a national newspaper. Unless you're The Sun.

And then they, 'journalists', and the mainstream press, go on about how bloggers 'don't do research' etc. etc., and are so unreliable.

I do wish so-called journalists would get off their fat arses and get back to actually finding out something most people don't already know; from primary sources.

In contrast, I was quite impressed by the amount of actual local leg-work that went into the first edition of Southwark News - Dulwich & Herne Hill Edition.

What snotty comments from Carole Cadwalladr indeed.

I can't think of two neighbours who are nearly as geographically, economically, culturally and postally as different as ED and Peckham. Historically, apart from proximity there's little that links the two towns.

I'm sure than many Peckham residents will be disturbed to be associated with such a den of iniquity.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What snotty comments from Carole Cadwalladr

> indeed.

>

> I can't think of two neighbours who are nearly as

> geographically, economically, culturally and

> postally as different as ED and Peckham.

> Historically, apart from proximity there's little

> that links the two towns.

>

> I'm sure than many Peckham residents will be

> disturbed to be associated with such a den of

> iniquity.

There is a tongue so firmly in its cheek here, huge-nut

Get real people, she's a journalist, they tend to be lazy and write crap...albeit sometimes eloquently. I can't help giggling at the outrage at this piece, just because it's saying SE22 is SE15 compared to lack of comment on the acres of newsprint everyday that are wrong, bad and often dangerous......

???? Wrote:

> Get real people, she's a journalist, they tend to

> be lazy and write crap...albeit sometimes

> eloquently. I can't help giggling at the outrage

> at this piece, just because it's saying SE22 is

> SE15

No, because she doesn't get off her actual arse to do any actual journalism. That was my point. The SE15/SE22 thing was merely a by-product of her general laziness.

compared to lack of comment on the acres of

> newsprint everyday that are wrong, bad and often

> dangerous......

Oh, don't get me going. I've done pieces myself that were slaughtered by the so-called night editor (Mr Clueless) that still (years later) have not been corrected online by the relevant - self-same - publication.

andymat Wrote:

> It's disgusting. We pay considerably more to rent

> in SE22 rather than we did in SE15. I can't

> believe it. East Dulwich is certainly no Peckham.

> There's a lot less chicken shops for start

Hilarious, nice one real-andy.

Louisiana - I;ve always been interested in this...I work for a broadcaster and have had occasion to follow up "stories" in the national papers. I recall wasting an entire morning doing just that with a front page piece in the FT - only to discover it was entirely bogus. Facts, dates, everything was wrong. All this despite the boldly emblazened byline and winsome picture of the miscreant journo who had penned this turd. I also have a mate who works at a big national organisation. She found herself quoted extensively in a broadsheet. She has dealings with that particular journo on a regular basis - and had she spoken to him, she would have said pretty much what she was quoted as saying.Only trouble is, she hadnt spoken to himk on that occasion. The Guaradian pulled a similar stunt with another mate of mine.

My question is - is it the night/sub editor who makes this shit up - or is it the actual writer ( not you, obviously!)?