Wales France on Friday 8pm (where in ED?)

matthew123

Where do you reckon will be the best pub in East Dulwich to watch France v Wales in the Six Nations on Friday night (kick off 8pm)?

I watched the Wales v England in the EDT which was good, and will probably be first port of call unless there are other better suggestions as not sure what EDT is like for Rugby during the night time..

Been watching all the games in the Herne. Not sure they do Friday Game but on saturdays its been a good set up with 2 flat screen TV's, sound on and pie, mash and a pint for ?6.50. Not too busy and good atmosphere.

Hopefully be in there Saturday for Scotlands first win and then settle in for the Irish Game. Say hopefully as last time think I got a bit carried away with white russians and a wooden soup spoon!!! the mind boggles.

Indeed SMG, it was after the first round (of the championship, not drinks). Apparently was demonstrasting the correct squash stroke, forehand! Daryll (manager) after the last round of games said I was not to have white Russians....

Its been a great venue so far with good seats and not packed so bar access is not a problem. Also the sound is on and you dont have to beg for it to be turned up a milli second before KO.

Think there will be a few "Barry Runners" present for the Irish game on Saturday. Who they playing?!

The thing is that there is a good chance that a lot of pubs wouldn't even bother showing the rugby on a Friday night for the fear that it'll break the perennial 'dimmed lights - cheap DJ - loud music - candles' routine.

I think the EDT usually have their priorities in order and I'll be camping out there starting Friday lunchtime.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hmmm, who is an Englishman to support - the Frogs

> or the Taffs? Hmmm ...

>

> ALEZ LES BLEUS!!!

You should be more concerned about whether to support Italy or Scotland in your 3 way fight for the wooden spoon!!

Not sure that Wales are clear favourites; it's in France in front of a partizan crowd, and the French are quite capable of pulling something out of the bag against anyone. Add on top of that, Wales sub-par performance against England 2 weeks ago and it could be a very tense occasion.

Thank god I'll be watching it in the EDT to calm my nerves! :-o

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I too shall be patronising the Herne tonight.

>

> I saw a real live frog outside Locale last night -

> I am taking that as a good omen for a Frenchie

> victory.

Well, I am head to toe in red today to counter your frog omen!