Crystal Palace Tavern

That's bad news. I really like this pub and worry about it's future. The last thing we need in Dulwich is another back street pub closing because of it's lack of custom. Support the CPT by your patronage. Hopefully things will pick up.

Well it was pretty packed for the football - obviously people are prepared to support local pubs but can't do so on a regular basis. Not everyone can afford to drink in a pub every night, even a couple of pints would put you back a fiver.

I love CPT. I like the front bar with it's quirky continental bar feel. The back bar is very local and you can talk to people with out being drowned out by the natural acoustic of bare floor boards and no soft furnishing to drown out the clinky, clanky noises and music turned up 2 notches more than it needs to be.

If you want a local and are in walking distance then you could do a lot worse than the CPT.

Few weeks back when I went in by myself for a quiet pint, the little guy who reads books in the back and who looks like Noddy muttered "police" to the barman. First time I've had that!

Sent from the last Eurostar by Crackberry.

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Few weeks back when I went in by myself for a

> quiet pint, the little guy who reads books in the

> back and who looks like Noddy muttered "police" to

> the barman. First time I've had that!

xxxxxxx

And are you police? :))

Have had the CPT as my local for many years now but fear it's lost its way in the past few (post Nathan and the aussie invasion!). Definitely needs some management tlc or at least some kind of credible game plan before the inevitable happens. A wholesale rip-off of the Gowlett's vibe, food and booze would be no bad thing. (NB every pub should have at least two grumpy old men regulars - adds character)

I can?t help feel guilty about all this. I used to be in the CPT at least twice a week back in the olden days. I?m just not so much of a dirty drunk anymore. I?m sorry.

I?ve not been there for months now, literally. I think this is the longest single stretch of time I haven?t been in that pub since I moved to ED.

• 2 weeks later...
We all know why the place is empty. I don't want to name names however much I'd love to. Bring back the girls. What a laugh we all had without getting butted. And Keef, food is realistic. Spoke to Tricia t'other day and she is quite happy for there to be a series of takeaway menus behind the bar such that people can order their own and bring it in, having mentioned The Gypsy Hill Tavern from the other year.