Dear People (The Dream Machine is moving)

Saturday is going to be our last day on Lordship Lane as we're moving The Dream Machine to The Half Moon in Herne Hill.

Starting on Sunday 5th April, it's going to become, for the time being, a monthly (or twice monthly) record fair/residency.

With a screening of a music film, plus a special gig in the evening, and the usual sociable gathering of like-minded souls playing records etc, we will be at The Half Moon for the immediate future and then given time, will become a more permanent fixture in the venue.

We're really excited.

At least all our licences will be covered..

Thank you for all your enthusiasm and support for us and for music down at the shop.

It's been a lot of fun.

Thanks especially to all those who've played for us including:

Alan King

Ain

Je Suis Animal

Martin Carr

The Light Shines

Tom Wright

Out Of The Afternoon

Gordon Gano?s Army

Humousexual

Joe Woolley

Neil (Eat Lights Become Lights)/Roger (The Early Years)

Eat Lights Become Lights

The Quarter After

The Asteroid No 4

Jasmine

The Astreus Trio

Ivan Ink + Pen

Nathan Octavia

Mathew Sawyer

Steve Spitfire

Club Paranoia (several brilliant bands and poetry)

Lucy-Jane

Lizzie

Jessica Spencer

Burning Zoo

Fractured Waves

Bo Ningen

Cellar Door Sound

Three Trapped Tigers

Will Carruthers (from Free Love Babies/Spacemen 3)

The Bum Notes

The Blitz Spirit

The Durrell Family

The Television Personalities

Sad Day For Puppets

Pony Unique

The Trophy Hearts

Filthy Boy

Ross?n?Rol

Six Toes

Pat Fish (aka The Jazz Butcher)

Hopefully see you at The Dream Machine over the next couple of days, and at The Half Moon next month.

Lots of love

TDM (Elaine, John and Bertie) xox

Lenk... were you one of those kids at school that stood in the corner doing extra homework revision whilst all the other boys were having fun playing football?

What did it sell? Weirdo. Maybe you should have made the effort to have a chat and find out (find it strange you couldnt figure it out tho what with all those CD's and records). Probably to busy standing in the corner thinking people were talking about you.

Go and be socially inept somewhere else.

Declan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Ha ha! Great first post Markeddie.>:D

> Mr.Lush, should you be encouraging this type of

> post? I thought they had been outlawed.

I don't see why we shouldn't. After all it was well written and highly amusing.

Declan also seems to have some issues, get a grip. What, are you 15 ?..... if you are actually 15 you have my sincere apologies.

I love the way people still cant figure out what a place with tons of CDs and records and price tags is. Seems Bob has trouble figuring it out as well.

Can just picture him and Lenk is the white stuff on a Saturday afternoon after overdosing on Cafe nero coffee (they dont like the Blue Mountain.... bit too alternative for them.

BOB: "whats all this fabric stuff, i just cant figure it out.... did you get invited Lenk?"

LENK: "no bob, there was no invite.... its just so strange all this cloth and prices, must be a private party we're not invited to.... god i hate these shop types...lets go and play world of warcraft"

Your replies are just so flawlessly executed, i feel genuinely hurt by such stinging prose.

Simply thought mentioning that they did the occasional gig would have you in uproar. You had trouble enough grasping the selling of goods. God help you if you ever go to rough trade in brick lane.."whats this ..a shop that sells t-shirts, music and has live gigs...i don't get what they're trying to do...it'll never work, people like me simply wont come"....Thank f***

Good luck servicing the Megan this weekend and reading the supplements.

Errr back to the matter in hand then - Dream Machine, I only made it down there once with my mum who's a music nut (usually I'm glued to a buggie so just walk by slowly breathing in the sounds and wondering if it is completely unacceptable to chain the buggie to a lamp post and come on down, with the baby of course..)

Do you have a mailing list or something to notify us of what and when at the Half Moon?

markeddie Wrote:

> Your replies are just so flawlessly executed, i

> feel genuinely hurt by such stinging prose.

>

> Simply thought mentioning that they did the

> occasional gig would have you in uproar. You had

> trouble enough grasping the selling of goods. God

> help you if you ever go to rough trade in brick

> lane.."whats this ..a shop that sells t-shirts,

> music and has live gigs...i don't get what they're

> trying to do...it'll never work, people like me

> simply wont come"....Thank f***

>

> Good luck servicing the Megan this weekend and

> reading the supplements.

xxxxxx

I say, that's a bit harsh :))

Tell me about it, Sue. mentioning Rough Trade and Brick Lane? Too cool for me, for sure.

Obviously it's a record shop that also sells merchandise and promotes gigs. But unlike Rough Trade it's not-for-profit, is often staffed by volunteers - and has asked for subscriptions and a membership to keep it going. So.. not like Rough Trade at all then.

A few people have asked in the past what it was all about and how it was going to work (with interest.. me too) only to be met with a bit of a 'if you don't like it, forget it!' response. Like what? What is it? How does it work?! Sorry for asking.

So I do hope things turn-out better in HH.. maybe just try and set your stall out a bit better, so to speak.

*Bob* Wrote:

> Tell me about it, Sue.

> So I do hope things turn-out better in HH.. maybe

> just try and set your stall out a bit better, so

> to speak.

xxxxxxx

Hey, nothing to do with me mate, I'm not the Dream Machine, just a supporter :)

What are you (they) trying to achieve? I'm still interested, if I can find out.

Likewise.. Sue.. that was to 'them'.. not to you.

And for every one person who actually posts on t'internet asking 'why' there are a load of other people who aren't but are thinking the same thing. And seeing as some of those people will be the ones you need to convince to make it work, steaming in to call them kick them up the arse for having the impertinance to ask - doesn't make a lot of sense.

I couldnt give a monkeys whether people convince you to go there or not, from the sound of it you're pretty narrow minded so i say best if you just kept to tending your beloved Megan and going in shops you can fathom, like the butchers.

For the record, with reference to your Rough Trade reply, that particular shop attracts loads of interns, has a great subscription system and even .... a music club... do your research.