Energy efficiency survey (dubious door knockers)

Mrs Phillyboy has had some people round saying that they are doing some survey around Heber/Jennings Rd. She neglected to get any real details though, but they said they were going to come round on Fri/Sat/Sunday. Anyone know if its a scam.... I'm a little dubious of people who come a knocking....

We had one of the guys round today and we have accepted a free energy survey (we're on Jennings) - don't get me wrong we're of the suspicious nature (especially of those that come cold calling)....but I have been thinking of getting an energy survey done for a while and the guy was pretty up front in that him and his business partner recently set up CO2census.com, they're offering free energy surveys and in the likelyhood that a number of properties would benefit from extra loft insulation (for example) they'll do a deal with a supplier and fitter for a large job. There's no commitment and seemingly no pressure, so we're not worried - can't think of a reason why a free energy survey would be a bad thing really - will let you know if it turns out otherwise...

Hi, I'm a surveyer for an insulation company that is subcontracted by most of the energy companies to do thier work.

Here's our website link to our website.

http://www.markgroup.co.uk/home-insulation/

I could come round and give u an obligation free survey if you like.

It would only take 15-20 min.

We do cavity wall insulation for ?149-169 and loft insulation for ?189-195.

Give me a call if thats what you are looking for.

Alastair

07595 106 910