Route to the M4...

4hw

...from East Dulwich. I normally go the obvious Vauxhall Bridge, along the river, Earl's Court and then meet the A4. But this is often very congested/slow and I suspect a better route might be possible crossing the river later. Anyone got a favourite route?

Thanks

That sounds good to me, although am I right in thinking that takes you through the congestion zone? Guess there isn't really an alternative to Earls Court without going through the zone.

Vauxhall Embankment Earls Court is without doubt the cheapest and fastest route, i've tried many times to figure out an alternative route and in all honesty it isnt any quicker and usually ends in congestion. My advice is take the obvious route and be a little savvy about the time of day you decide to drive and check travel info before doing so.

Louisa.

jim_the_chin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Clapham, battersea rise, wandsworth bridge,

> fulham rd, hammersmith

I do this route all the time and it's my preferred route. I've tried all the others and this is definitely the quickest route. It tends to miss most of the heavy traffic in the Chelsea area although Hammersmith can be a nightmare.