Stream in Peckham Rye yesterday

cate

While walking around Peckham Rye yesterday I noticed that the stream was very polluted in the area up by the children's playground, very near to the Harris Academy. It looked like it was full of detergent, very cloudy and grey which was a contrast to how it usually looks. I reported it to the park office by the car park and was told that Harris Academy used to have a swimming pool and used to discharge that water into the stream. The water was also polluted in the stream by the car park. I didn't bother walking around to check every bit of the stream but wondered if anyone else noticed it and reported it?

eugh. hey pgc, its pretty amazing that the water works people are able to get away with splashing white paint or whatever it is, continuously over any parked cars and the road/pavement. I see it really often. quite incredible.

Found out today from the park office that it is chalk from Morgan Est, the company working on the mains water line between the school and Colyton Road. And someone told me today that some diesel was dumped or discharged in the stream about a month ago causing the fire brigade to be called. Don't know if that was from the same company. I know nothing about chalk, does anyone else?