anyone else got sick after visiting the EDT Friday night

We were visiting the East Dulwich Tavern Friday night and only had two pints. Today my husband and i experienced serious nausea and vomiting and have bad kidney pain. Another friend who had joined us last night just made it home threw up and actually passed out. The only thing we commonly consumed was the beer at the EDT. Having worked in a Pub before myself i thought i could smell dirty beer lines, but had some pints against my instinct.

Has anyone else had some problems after drinking at the EDT on friday night?

Please speak up i feel i have been poisoned!

Thanks

Susanna

susanna Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We were visiting the East Dulwich Tavern Friday

> night and only had two pints. Today my husband and

> i experienced serious nausea and vomiting and have

> bad kidney pain. Another friend who had joined us

> last night just made it home threw up and actually

> passed out. The only thing we commonly consumed

> was the beer at the EDT. Having worked in a Pub

> before myself i thought i could smell dirty beer

> lines, but had some pints against my insect.

> Has anyone else had some problems after drinking

> at the EDT on friday night?

> Please speak up i feel i have been poisoned!

>

> Thanks

>

> Susanna

Susanna, sorry to hear that you got ill and I hope that you make a speedy recovery.

How is your insect bearing up after all this?

Hello Susanna,

I'm very sorry to hear to you and some others have been ill. I can assure you that I take these sort of claims very seriously indeed and I would be glad to help you with anything I can. I personally check the quality of our beer on a daily basis for temperature, clarity, smell and taste. This past Friday the 20th of March was no different, and in fact our beer was of exceptionally good quality on that day.

I can also assure you that we at EDT pride ourselves on the quality of the draught beer we serve, in fact we proudly hold a certificate of excellence from cask marquee for our real ales and we clean our lines religiously every 7 days. I can only think that if you smelled anything it may have been a kickback from our drain in the basement which can occasionally happen after emptying real ale barrels into it. I hope you are feeling better, please feel free to contact me any time.

ps- I don't want to sound patronising but symptoms of food poisoning can take days, hours, or weeks to appear and nhs direct will tell you that currently there is a virus in circulation which carries the very symptoms you've mentioned

Best Wishes,

Ray Marino

General Manager

East Dulwich Tavern

1 Lordship Lane

SE22 8EW

P 020 8693 1316

E [email protected]

Very sorry to hear that you're feeling unwell Susanna.

I do have to say Kudos to Ray for coming on here so fast and with some apparent concern.

He's of course entitled to defend his position, but has done so constructively and with a bit of clarity. Some business owners on here might not have had the balls to do so. I think that raising concerns and a right to reply is what forums like this should be about.

BTW, I've not been in the EDT for months, so have no vested interest.

Dear Ray,

thank you very much for your reply. I do feel much better today, the kidney's stopped hurting.

It was not a stomach bug had that one in October and feels completely different. Also food poisoning is out of the question as i haven't seen my friends for weeks before visiting the EDT and it would be to much of a coincidence, but i do feel reassured of the cleanliness of your Lines.

Many thanks

Susanna

Did you all eat before drinking? Very unlikely that even drinking an iffy pint would do that to 3 people! Only other thing could be washing liquid in glasses, but you'd have tasted that, and the staff would have had lots of returned drinks, so also unlikely.

On Feb 18th we visited the EDT and had a meal (I had falafel and pitta bread and 2 glasses of white wine)and later that night I collapsed (out cold for over 5 minutes, twice!) and was violently ill and ended being rushed to hospital and up on a drip for most of the night at Kings. The doctor was unable to confirm whether it was actually food poisoning (and if so,from what)or a severe stomach bug. I'd also eaten oysters at another Lordship Lane restaurant 2 days before and we'd assumed I'd got it from that, as it CAN take up to 48 hrs for symptoms to appear. My partner was ok but had different food.. I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else has had similar experiences either at the EDT or from eating oysters anywhere in SE22.

I've eaten at the EDT before and it has been fine but this is a strange coincidence...

Further to my first message re: also eating oysters at a restaurant on Lordship lane earlier that week prior, I have just had a PM from someone else who got food poisoning from oysters and ate them at the same place as me! So maybe I answered the message from Susanna in haste - it seemed such a coincidence... Anyone else had suspected food poisoning from oysters in February? I'll watch this space!

Minitoots Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On Feb 18th we visited the EDT and had a meal (I

> had falafel and pitta bread and 2 glasses of white

> wine)and later that night I collapsed (out cold

> for over 5 minutes, twice!) and was violently ill

> and ended being rushed to hospital and up on a

> drip for most of the night at Kings. The doctor

> was unable to confirm whether it was actually food

> poisoning (and if so,from what)or a severe stomach

> bug. I'd also eaten oysters at another Lordship

> Lane restaurant 2 days before and we'd assumed I'd

> got it from that, as it CAN take up to 48 hrs for

> symptoms to appear. My partner was ok but had

> different food.. I'd be very interested to hear if

> anyone else has had similar experiences either at

> the EDT or from eating oysters anywhere in SE22.

> I've eaten at the EDT before and it has been fine

> but this is a strange coincidence...

Minitoots

I had some not as severe symptoms from Monday morning, all day: repeated feeling that I was being literally dragged into unconciousness, feeling that all 'systems' through the floor, waves and waves of nausea. Any worse/longer and I would have dialed the medics. Felt on the mend by late evening, but still not back to normal.

But we'd just come back from up north (ate a pub lunch in Bakewell on Sunday) and nowhere near EDT. I thought it was maybe some kind of winter virus.