Forcing my front door........

Just to let you know 2 young men tried to force my front door (Melford Road) today (thursday 26th march). They soon scarpered when I ran downstairs shouting hello, rang police etc but thought you should all know.

Funny as its not like its a quiet road.......

My downstairs neibour was broken into recently by people kicking the door in like this. They would have to have used a lot of force to kick the door in as it was a quality door, with three locking points. I would have made a lot of noise too.

I hope they catch these *&*&%^%'s soon!

let me get the ball rollin

2 guys black, look almost like twins. very similar. quite smart leather jackets, not bomber but that kind of length. Not very tall, 5/8 5/9. Same height as i cos i was face to face with them. jeans trainers. smartish.

sound similar to yours?

Yes that sounds like them, I didnt get a great look as they were off down the path quick smart as I opened the door, one had a brown jacket the other was wearing a black one, but what struck me was that they were not very tall, they seemd like kids really. I think you got a better look than me woodie but it seems they are doing the rounds......

steph. I know this maybe hard to remember, were they carrying a plastic bag that kind of resembled the bags carried by leafleters, like cab card canvassers? Under those circumstances they wouldnt stand out too much as they check every front door for weakness. good thinking!

when you say 'kids' ..my sighting would put them between18-24 roughly.

I had a London bar and they still kicked through my door last year. Make sure that your mortice locks have a proper metal chamber sunk into the wood rather than just a metal faceplate.

And you should use the mortice lock every time you leave the house since some insurance policies won't pay out if it was only on a Yale lock as one of my neighbours found out the hard way.

I told the police 16 to early twenties, sadly I consider that to still be a kid! I do think they sound like the same people though.

I can't say if they had leafleters bags on them, although there was an age concern collection bag on my doormat, but I assumed this had been left before they arrived, and so didnt mention it to the police.