Footballers leaving rubbish on Peckham Rye Park

We went for a nice stroll on Sunday evening around Peckham Park. Generally people are really good about putting their rubbish in bins. However, the football pitches were strewn with empty drinks bottles which makes me really angry. I assume teams have to pay to book these pitches. Maybe the park should take a litter deposit when the booking is taken.

Its not only the footballers ,walking round the park this morning we came across loads of bags of cans an bottles scattered on the grass and in the japanese shed , someone must have had a party there last night Its disgusting the way some people treat this lovely park. Why cant they take their rubbish home with them ? .The picnic area on a Monday morn often has food debris an rubbish pulled out of the overflowing bins by foxes afterkids parties an picnics .Surely if the bins are full you should take it with you. It makes me so cross .Arhhh !

yes,

As a regular walker in the park I get hacked off by all the rubbish and most of all the amount of broken glass that is strewn around. Really, really selfish and irresponsible behaviour.

By the way I happened on the oddest thing over the w/end. The garden on PR was full of people pacing up and down chanting. Anyone any idea who they were and what they were doing?