dulwich park cafe (Lounged)

20stonegnome

Please,who ever is in charge of the lovely cafe, organise the place.The queue is horrendous,the staff are pleasant enough,the coffee is good but they each serve one customer at a time meaning that they are fighting each other for the coffee machine.Why not one to shout orders and dish out the cake ,one on the till and one making the coffee? Maybe your till should be at the end of the counter not in the middle? I dunno ....just hate to wait for 20mins or more, spoils a good day out.

Peckham Rye Cafe beats Dulwich hands down. Great food lots more choice and the staff so much more friendly. Only complaint is I think the bits an bobs on the counter are far too dear. All other food is reasonably priced and you get good size portions .Cake is to die for especially the almond apple and raisin. Yum Yum !

Well that's fair enough but some of us live a lot closer to Dulwich park than Peckham Rye and personally I think Dulwich park is a nicer space (don't get narky, just an opinion). I agree, Dulwich park cafe could be better organised. Love the fact it sells a bit of booze too! (even if it is inflated prices)

Can I also suggest to 'them' or those that run the park that a seperate mobile coffee/hot chocolate van set-up would be good preferably stationed near the swings - would massively reduce the queuing in the cafe which always puts me off using them for anything.

Run by complete Muppets!

The place is DIRTY too the hot food is nasty poor quality.

Staff Painfully SLOW painfully THICK! Can?t add or subtract and you have to tell them everything twice.

Don?t deserve to be in any business let alone one where they deal directly with the public.

I guess they pay the staff in peanuts.

If they were any slower they?d be going backwards.

We now take our own snacks and drinks and AVOID the IT at ALL Costs!

I used to love the old cafe at Dulwich Park, but the last time i went to the current incarnation at this lovely old building I was appauled at the prices and the sheer lack of customer service. Overpriced and generally 'not on the ball', although they are reasonably friendly. Not been to the Peckham Rye one because I was appauled that those old prisoner of war buildings were pulled down to make way for it, part of out national heritage gone forever so that a bunch of middle class people can sit around paying over the odds for tea and coffee whilst gleefully sneering at the rest of us. Anyway, rant over. Take a flask next time and a sandwich box, sorted! :-)

Louisa.

I do find that stealing the condiments as Dulwich park cafe and pocketing the cutlery does help to offset the cost soemwhat. For the kids, the choice of scooters lying outside is a little bonus in itself & acts as an interim treat between Brthdays & Xmas.

I now have a 12 place dinner set composed entirely of Dulwich park hardware.

I recommend the Dulwich park cafe