Harris Leisure Centre - pay as you go or membership?

Bungle

You can pay as you go. ?6 but you need to say you've had an induction at one of their gyms. I used it this winter as I needed to get some miles in and it was when the snow was really bad. I rang up their main number and was told it was fine but had to argue the point when I got to the front desk. Don't expect the recption people to be helpful.

I believe the pool is closed: the planning notice for building work at the site (last year?) referred to plans to demolish it - good idea for a sports speciality college.

Sports Centre - having failed to get through on the phone, my 15 year old and friend set off in trepidation to attempt to book a badminton court one day during the school holidays, assuming it would be booked up with play schemes etc. Although his card, that would have given a slight discount, turned out to be out of date, they were surprised to find the process straight forward, - several of the staff there are really quite helpful, - it is ?9 for a court for an hour, and they had a good game.