green and blue

I see from the planning notice on a tree outside that the back end of green and blue is to be demolished and rebuilt smaller. it seems the developer built it all without planning permission and must now pay take the consequences

nothing to do with green and blue. their landlord apparently applied for permission to expand a couple of years ago,was turned down but went ahead anyway. council enforcement officers have been following up for a year . the new rebuild scheme would appear to be a compromise

Puzzled - as you say, planning isn't the responsibility of G&B as we don't own the building. I don't want to speak for our landlord, but you can see from the planning notice that the council have asked for the second storey of the extension that he built to be removed. As you'll know, G&B only uses the ground floor, which is the part of the building works that have been allowed to remain, so it's business as usual for us.

I'll leave it to others to debate whether that is a fair/sensible use of taxpayers money!

Enforcing planning regs is vital,especially when it comes to business premises.

Whole neighbourhoods can be blighted by a noisy or polluting firm,ie. jobbing builders turning their gardens into scaffolding yards,bars extending premises and garages operating substandard spray booths etc..... Southwark council should be ruthless in enforcing,no business or individual should be able to flout the planning law.

Of course this is a good use of taxpayers money. As has been noted planning regulations have to be enforced. What's being suggested by some here - that the council only stop the bad people from breaking the law but let the nice folk do what they want? Nuts.