Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar
xxxx
www.no-flies.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37
messageRe: Station Manager Corner
Posted by Bic Basher 01 June, 2011 23:41

I know it's been mentioned on this thread in the past, but one machine that accepts Oyster at Peckham Rye is unacceptable. 10 mins queuing up just to put 2 on the card.

I dread to think what it's like during the morning peak?

Posted by Ladygooner 14 October, 2011 10:47

Barry if you are still reading this thread, could you ask your team to cut back the stinging nettles on the slope to Platform 2? Someone is going to get stung very soon as they are growing way over the path - tricky to negotiate your way around them when slope is packed with commuters.

Posted by Lynne 15 October, 2011 17:59

Yes, please please a direct train to East Crodon, as before

Posted by Lynne 15 October, 2011 18:05

Hi.At peak time the congestion to get down the bottleneck of the steps could be dangerous, I think. There's room to expand into the shrubbery (if that's ever dug up, look out for the Victorian bottle bank around there.)Could there be a slope instead? And how are wheelchair users suppose to get up? It's bad enough for pushchairs
Lynne

Posted by KidKruger 09 November, 2011 07:51

Hi Barry

Are you still around and able to provide advice ?

There's a seperate thread discussing the perpetual irregularity of the service between ED and LB (obviously stations further out than ED are affected too but our angle us our immediate service).

It's called: "No trains East Dulwich to London 12-13/11/11
".

We find it increasingly difficult to understand how for several years the service has been withdrawn during weekends, not every weekend but so often as to render confidence in the service very low.

Do you know where and how we obtain definitive and evidenced answers on why the service has suffered so appallingly ?
Could you advise how we establish the prognosis for reliability of the same service going forward and whether a timetable / plan of works can be shared with us ?

Regards,
KK

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2011:11:09:07:53:48 by KidKruger.

Posted by KidKruger 09 November, 2011 19:30

It looks like Bazza has left the train company he worked with.

He was kind enough to PM me to advise.

FYI.

Posted by Ladygooner 04 January, 2012 14:41

Nice suprise this morning to see new departure board at the bottom of the slope on Platform 1 so you can see if your train is delayed before you climb the slope!

Posted by PipD 04 January, 2012 15:16

Ladygooner, fixed your post below, there is no "if" big grin

Ladygooner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice suprise this morning to see new departure
> board at the bottom of the slope on Platform 1 so
> you can see by how many minutes your train is delayed before you
> climb the slope!

Posted by the-e-dealer 04 January, 2012 15:30

You can get them to text you. Very good - Especially getting a message when still in bed - "Your train is 60 mins late! " time for a lie in.

--------------------
Nor do I

Posted by ROSSPENNY 01 February, 2012 15:27

Dear Barry

Not sure if possible but could you please email me where I may be able to contact you professionally work place email or contact number would be great.

my email contact is sunnysidecoaches@googlemail.com

many thanks in advance
ROSS.

Posted by Penguin68 01 February, 2012 15:52

I believe that Barry has now moved roles, so he probably doesn't check this site any more. You could try PM'ing him, but if you want to speak to him in the role he had on this board, that's probably too late.

Posted by Ladygooner 05 April, 2012 10:59

Does anyone know what is happening at London Bridge to the right of Platform 16? They are removing a building and I am hoping that they are going to put in a couple of more tracks.

Posted by tomdhu 06 April, 2012 21:31

The station redevelopment plan indicates no additional tracks.

It says that the current arrangement of 9 terminating tracks with 6 through tracks will become 6 terminating plus 9 through tracks. This does not appear to stack up with the fact that there are currently 16 platforms, so one track must be shared.

The benefit of this will be that there will be better access to CharingX and Blackfriars - and maybe even direct trains from ED to CharingX in due course. Let's hope! It's due to be completed in 2018.

Posted by maxxi 28 April, 2012 15:07

It's that timne of year again - no trains from/to ED today or tomorrow because of "Engineering Works".

Posted by uncleglen 28 April, 2012 17:37

Last time I went there and it was closed- all they were doing was painting!

Posted by SMBJones 07 June, 2012 16:08

Good afternoon to those who remember me...just thought I would pop in and say hello and hope all is well with your stations

Sad to say I left Southern back in November but still in the industry (in a way!!)

Best wishes

Barry

KidKruger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks like Bazza has left the train company he
> worked with.
>
> He was kind enough to PM me to advise.
>
> FYI.

Posted by Huggers 07 June, 2012 17:49

hi Barry, good to hear from you!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed