2012 flat rentals

Anybody else thinking of renting their homes out for the Olympics?

As long as the ELLE/London Overground is completed on time, ED should be ideally placed to attract visitors.

Personally, I am not that bothered about watching the sport, perhaps the Beach Volleyball. So could be a nice little earner and the opportunity to go on holiday and miss the traffic chaos, security scares and general arsing about.

Do you think that would work in ED? When i was house hunting i was thinking of trying to buy nearish greenwich park because of the equestrian bit being there but i never thought ED would attract the olympic toursits. I think it's a bit far away.

As it is ED is 12 minutes by train to London Bridge and then Jubilee Line straight to Stratford. With the London Overground there will then also be a direct link from either Peckham Rye or Denmark Hill to Canada Water and then onto the Jubilee line. We are close to Stratford than the West End.

Reports are that there will be alot of people looking for a place to stay and Hotels will be hugely expensive and booked up in advance.

Not sure what affect the Olympics will have on ED rental market but friends who were in Sydney during their Olympics found themselves turfed out of their rental property so it could be rented for a short amount of time for incredibly inflated prices. In years after, property prices went up considerably - I suppose lots of people seeing Sydney for the first time wanted part of a lovely city.