Bikes stolen from hallway in Oakhurst Grove

Hi,

Two bikes were stolen from our hallway last night on Oakhurst Grove- even though the front door was shut and the lights were on with people were in on the first and second floors. Our front door was also left wide open and we didn't hear a thing, despite sitting in the front room and not having the TV on. We reckon they must have picked the lock and come in and taken the two bikes that are stored in the hallway - and maybe even planned the break-in.

Please be wary of any similar break-ins and I urge you to double lock your front doors.

If anyone saw anything suspicious on Oakhurst Grove between 9.15pm and 10.30pm last night, please let me know.

Thanks,

Susie

Hi there very sorry to hear about your loss! however like jctg said, do try and make it down to brick lane tomorrow morning,there are endless threads over bike forums, about beloved stolen bikes often turning up at brick lane market on a sunday, and being sold!

*Tee*

We've been having problems with this in our apartment block too - despite "secure" underground parking they've got in several times and we lost 2 bikes in under a month and they used what the police reckon was an angle grinder to cut through everything to get them free... so it's not just kids messing around. They also recently cut through the hydraulic cables of our car park gates... Police at the ED station told mye other half there's a bit of a spate of these things going on atm... We spent 8 hrs at brick lane market a few weeks ago looking for our bikes and had no luck but it made us sick to see so many expensive bikes there (grrr have to stop writing before I wind myself up again...)

danrees Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Might I suggest sending Boris Johnson a Twitter

> message about the Brick Lane bike "sales":

>

>

>

> It is ridiculous that people are openly selling

> stolen bicycles with impunity.

Thing is, even if they shut that whole section of Brick Lane down / regulated stallholders, there's still a million other parts of the East End where you can openly buy stolen goods I'm afraid...

womanofdulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> cash converters is a favourite for getting rid of

> bikes quickly.

The one near me when I lived in Liverpool was pretty much a legalised 'fence'.

It was often a game to see how soon after being burgled it took for missing posessions to appear in the window.