Successful fair on Goose green!

BQC

It was a lovely event again this year with a very happy community buzz. Took my two little boys and enjoyed bumping into loads of people we knew.

(Though BQC, it was pretty much the same as last year weatherwise if I'm not mistaken. Were you spending too much time in the beer tent?)

Louisa you are such a whinger! No positive comment at all, just straight head on into negativitiy.

YES there was a lot of litter. It Will Be Picked Up In Time. Get over it girl.

That was a Great fayre and what a lovely selection of stalls. Surprise at so many baby clothes stalls then remembered where I was! Really enjoyed the day and a lovely atmosphere and sunshine, and treated myself to Melange chocolate. Well done to all the organisers!

Was there a "Scrummy Cakes" stall selling cookies and cakes? An old school friend of mine set up a little business, and said a while ago she was going to be at a fair in Dulwich. Unfortunately I couldn't make it yesterday.

Thank you for your positive feedback on the Fair, it is great to hear. Please note that the litter will be collected today, unfortunately the people paid to do this job, didn't stay around long enough to tidy up after the stalls were collected. They will definitely be back today to finish the job.

There were 10 extra bins provided during the day which were taken at 4pm. In hindsight they should have come a little later on as many people stayed on because the weather was so lovely.

Thank you to of you who turned up and made it a great day. A big thank to all the other volunteers who helped me during the day.

Angela Burgess

Organiser

Nice one Angela, and nice one East Dulwich...

I thought it was a great afternoon in brilliant sunshine. I brought the Southwark News crew along and all had a thoroughly good day out - and it's good to know that the litter situation is all under conrtol.

PS - Look out for a photo spread on Thursday - and if you have any pics that you want to include from your day out at the fair, drop me a line.

[email protected]

Indeed it was a most excellent event.

Can I make some suggestions to improve it without being branded negative? The stage was in the wrong place. There wasn't room to sit around it because of all the stalls so folk had to sit on the grass at the other end of the green. Could move it next year or leave more room round it by moving the stalls?

Also lack of beer tent was a bummer.

It was a good day though, hopefully we get similar weather for the Dulwich Park event this weekend. Anyone know if the otters are coming back?

The problem with our beer tent was a licensing issue. EDT have provided the beer tent for the past three years and will do so again. I did announce a week or so ago that we didn't get our licence and to bring your own booze. Also EDT supplied drinks in plastic glasses so you could bring them over. Not ideal, but the best we could do in the circumstances.

I appreciate the comments re the stage positioning and will bear that in mind for next year.

All in all I think it went well and it is great to have such positive comments about a great event in East Dulwich.

ps. the litter should have been collected now, so I am going to check for myself!

I appreciate it is easier to criticise than stage an event but it wasn't my cup of tea.

I felt it was more market than fair, I walked into the main bit with my 6 year old and walked out as there didn't seem to be anything to do but buy things. I'm sure there were a few more 'fair' type stalls last year - or am I thinking of some other event on the Green? This was more like North Cross road on a saturday.