Evil Motorbikers Tarbrush Out (pay before you fill up - Jet Garage)

Only worth reading this if you ride a motorbike and therefore are a menace to society.

It seems the Jet Garage on East Dulwich Road has decided that all motorbikers have to pay for petrol before they can fill up.

I found this out after I'd deposited ?1.38 in my tank, by which point the petrol ran out. No help from the kiosk. Thought it might have been a re-filling issue as the tanker was in the forecourt. Anyway, after a bit of "what's going on?" sign-language the bloke in the shop made a thumb and finger rubbing together sign. Unsure as to the meaning of this I ventured into the said establishment, only to be told, in as offhand a manner as humanly possible "too many motorbikes drive off without pay. You pay first."

Of course I couldn't flounce off by way of making a point, as he'd so thoughtfully allowed me to put ?1.38 in my tank. So I gave him some money and some mind and left.

No signs anywhere of course.

Good job those CCTV cameras only pick up car registrations.

All those ?15 tank fillups for free. Jet must be on their knees by now.

Strangely the bloke in the Texaco didn't know what he was talking about. So all you biker outlaws get round there now!

Oooh. I feel evil.

Cant blame the bloke - he probabaly has the losses deducted from his pay packet- you do a 12 hour shift at ?5 an hour gross , you will lose a quarter of it with a single fillup/ drive off

A helmet, a generic scooter, a badly forged/ stolen plate and you never have to pay for petrol again in your life

I've been using the jet garage to fill up both bikes (no, not at the same time...) for over 15 years and always make a point to say hello to them and they ask me how I am and they are friendly, and I am friendly.

If they DARE do this to me, I shall tell them I will take my business elsewhere.

If they exempt ME however, I shall tell them that I will take my business elsewhere anyway as a mark of Solidarity with my fellow motorcyclists.

When Dartford Crossing seriously said they were going to charge bikers, thousands of bikers thought they'd make a little point about how unworkable that would be, and they drew up to the booth, stopped their bikes, went through all their millions of zipped pockets and took lots of change out, dropped it, retrieved it, counted it, lost count, counted it dropped it...... you can imagine the fun ... did their zips up, got on their bikes, rode off slowly.

We now don't pay to cross Dartford Crossing. I will consider doing the same sort of thing at the petrol station.

But more likely take my money elsewhere!