Friern Road/Upland Road

Does anyone know what is going on where Friern Road and Upland Road join? I am concerned they are going to open up the access, which the council promised they would not do, when we raised concerns about the new school traffic.

I have no idea, I know there is work going on outside my window but no idea what they are doing. We were hoping it would be a crossing as lots of kids cross the road there and there is no safety crossing. It looks like they are extending the pavement for the buses. We hope not because we have so many problems on that road with lack of parking and the rest!

They're also relocating all the tennis courts from Wimbledon to East Dulwich (next to the Sports Academy site), because the land here costs half as much as Wimbledon. They're either going to change the name of the championship to "Dulwich", or Dulwich will be renamed Wimbledon. A final decision has yet to be made.

when I walked past about 2 weeks ago I stopped and read the notice tied to a lamp post (which may have blown down by now) I think it said that it will be an improved barrier with cycle path through it. The council are just doing something similar at Waveney Avenue/Carden road on the other side of the park.