new bar on LL - BoHo Bar where amusement arcade used to be

Okay if you say so.

Well I for one think it's a disgrace, opening new "bars" willy-nilly. Back in my day it was a proper pub that had been open since the 14th century or a kick in the teeth. And rightly so.

It?ll be all coke fiends and flocking wallpaper. You mark my words. Hell, hand basket, gone!

I hope the staff aren't too friendly. I hope the staff aren't too miserable. I hope they make great Mojitos. I hope they have traditional ales. I hope they do free WiFi and have plenty of sockets. I hope they stick to just being a bar. I hope the decor's cool and laid back. I hope they avoid the hackneyed cool, laid-back vibe. I hope they do good food. I don't go to a bar to eat. I hope they are open late. I hope they close early. I hate the name. I love the name. When are we going there for EDF drinks? It's far too small for EDF drinks. It smells of poo.

It's attracting the wrong crowd already.

I only drink organic 2001 Chateau Musar, do they have the correct Lebanese serving thimbles? I simply won't drink anywhere that doesn't.

My pram won't fit through the door.

I saw a man who didn't look right stood outside, close it down.

It's too noisy. It's not noisy enough.

I hate to slag it off before it's even opened, but calling it the 'Boho Bar' is a bad start. Even worse if it's 'BoHo Bar'

It's like changing your name to Mr V. Cool. Everyone will know your real name is Mr Hopeless Smallcock.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What ever happened to thrash metal

> and joints in the park?

That's a great evening right there. Might start a weekly session on the Rye.

Japanese Garden, Fridays from 7pm ; )

Hobo bar, it's a sign of the times..

I saw a tramp ("street person" but...) smoking outside "Tramps" once which really tickled....

We could however do with something "Authentic & timely " on the strip....perhaps

Ok here's the pitch....

A closed down bank branch run as a bar called "THE MERCHANT BANKER" staffed by ex-bankers, with reposesed stock from a closed down pub taken over by the banks liquidators .....

Kinda thing...maybee

What d'mean it's already been done.....NO ...Noooooooo

W**F

Good point PGC.

The ad is quite clear that they're looking for a bloke to mix the cocktails and a girl to serve them "she be the queen of our floor" no less. The wording is quite nauseating and possibly illegal.

No idea what the bar will be like, but the term concept bar doesn't fill me with enthusiasm.

I'm going to bookmark this thread for later in the year for when it's full to the rafters with the 'wrong crowd', and the owners are drinking from a golden bucket of diamonds and swimming in their pool of money - much to the disdain of the EDF.

It looks a bit like the front of an Indian takaway at the moment.

"Boho" means "Bohemian" means "somebody, often a writer or an artist, who does not live according to the conventions of society" so don't even think about finding any "conventional" people in there. All you 9-5 types (eg me) can forget about being allowed in.