Dulwich Fair - blustery but a good turn out..

BQC

The geese herding was a new one, but seemed to be winning the corwds?! Stalls were a bit of a let down, I believe a few went over in the gusts and overheard a stall holder claiming for compensation... Jeez! Victorian Fair was a winner with the kids, could maybe have done with a bit more space.. the Plough was packed (with Jazz @4- v impressed)- how was the dog?

We were quite disappointed with the fair this year, we had amazing fun last year and stayed for hours but I felt this year was not as good, there were not as many good or decent stalls as last year, I couldn't believe the cafe ( BBQ) ran out of burgers within a few hours, so we had to make do with sausages when we all craved burgers. The kids were disappointed that the face painting stall was not there this year as they loved getting their faces last year. They always love the victorian fun fair though!

I liked it a bit quieter.

LOVED the sheepdogs n ducks, laughed at the kung fu people (then moved swiftly on, thinking laughing at kung fu people was not a good idea), Dulwich Hamlet Steel Band were amazing (who is the very sexy teacher????), still terrified by the big wheel, yum to the (no longer) giggly pig, thank you to the wildlife gardening centre and my lovely plants I've been searching for for ages.

(edited for usual terrible typos)

bawdy-nan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dulwich Hamlet Steel Band were amazing (who is the

> very sexy teacher????)

Sounds like it could be Daniel, the steel pan teacher, he teaches at a fair few schools including Dulwich Hamlet and DKH, he's an amazing music teacher, and your 'description' fits ;-P

Hi,

we had a stall in the fair, the weather was not good, and at times a sharp burst of fearce winds would lift our own gazebo, whcih we took down as was impossible to keep up safetly.

I hope there are no claims, freak weather is no bodys fault?

Our 1st time with a stall and we felt it was run very well.

After posting above I looked on VCF's website and someone mentioned there was llamas and I thought it a bit small for them. Mudchute City Farm is massive, and as a result of VCF'spost above it looks like indeed Mudchute is the only farm in London indeed that has Llamas, my favourite animal.

Having said that, I am sorry I could not come but it's great to read everyone's posting!

What about the very cute 4 week old lamb/goat cross! He was adorable but terribly sad that they don't think he will survive much longer. I should mention that they didn't purposely mate a sheep with a goat, one just took a fancy to the other.