singles events

Hiya

Did anything come of the singles nights talk? All my friends are bloody married so I'd be well up for something like this - or even meeting some new single pals to drag along to speed dating with me ...

Why not take advantage of EDF's monthly Drinks Night and the Curry Club? Both welcome EDF members, whether active posters or shy lurkers. I can't think of a better way to meet loads of friendly local folks. From what I've seen, there are usually plenty of unattached guys and gals from all age groups at the drinks nights.

(I haven't dined with the Curry Club yet but a few single friends have, which kinda makes my point.)

EDF Drinks Night (June)

EDF Curry Club

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there. There is an informal group called "Bring a Single Friend" that meet around the Clapham area. It's run as a sideline by two thirty-something gals. They have suggested that I set a new group up for older singletons...maybe "bring a divorced friend"get-togethers! Anyway, you can google their site for more info. And there are always the countless online dating sites to turn to...Hope this helps.

It is a beautiful day and I am feeling great and some gorgeous looking guy (with a lovely personality of course) happens to be also single and spending the time of day in Peckham Rye Park.... I wonder if this happens in real life??

A sunny day - single person's fantasy or just mine.....

Any takers tomorrow?

Hey, just reading about the singles evenings, am very interested, also very single..when is the next night? or has someone written it down and i'm just too thick to have found it?

my worry is that i am a mature lady, [in years, not behaviour] and would feel really daft if i turned up and everyone else is young.

also am terrified of walking into a pub on my own!! how sad is that..

help...:-S

oh my god, i know the Herne Tav. are you going Debstar7? would love to come along but like i said don't want to go alone!!have lived in the dulwich area for years, you never know..he may be waiting for me with a bunch of flowers!!!:))

Another reason we need a forum like this in each London area. I'm mature as well (age at least) and single and were it not for the fact it can take me less time to get to Birmingham (120 miles) than Dulwich (15 miles) I would turn up as well. I can do it now and then but wouldn't wish that trip on myself or vice versa long term. My first girlfriend was in Blackheath but I was a lot younger and fitter then and there was no congestion charge either. I wish I could drum up enough support for a do up this way but the key here is you already know each other so meet as friends even if never met in person. Going in cold is just like every other planned event and totally painful.

• 10 years later...

EvelinaMoon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> why nobody is discussing this thread? what's your

> opinion about speed dating ?

Maybe because people aren't interested in the dating website you are here to plug? Or because this thread is from 2009. One of those two.

+1 for the lounge.