South London Press - "Obscene postings on internet forum"

Was this actually a headline from the South London Press last week? I nearly spat chai all over the window of the newsagent where I saw this displayed.

We're not far off 'bag of tools stolen from a shed but was later returned" here.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Was it this one?

I presume so.

I think it must have been referencing that admin thread from last week where someone had received A PM IN BLOCK CAPITALS THAT WAS VERY ANGRY ABNOUT SOMETHING

Well I for one think it shows lazy reporting. I mean how could they have noticed that and not managed to report on, Three 176 Buses Arrive at the Same Time in the Camberwell Green Area or Coffee Spillage Causes Minor Fracas in Dog Kennel Hill Sainsbury?s?

Bloody Hell. I had some tools nicked from my garage along with next door but didn't consider calling the papers. But it's a sad day when they interviewed me and the council about their pulling up all the old signs in Lordship Lane (er, at their request) and didn't use it but consider it newsworthy to report what is a regular event on every forum in the world.

Does that mean if I say something rude (and presumably get banned as a result) I'll stand more chance of getting in the SLP? What a country...

I had some tools nicked from my garage along with next door but didn't consider calling the papers

David, I don't think anyone called the papers. I think a local journalist just picked up the story from the forum and ran it.

There seems to be a feeling that this is the forum trying to gain publicity, which I'm sure it wasn't. As buggie already said, a forum as popular as this doesn't really need to drum up interest through the SLP.

And when someone has been threatened, even if what you say is true and it is a common occurance on an internet forum, it's a bit rude to suggest it's all attention seeking isn't it?