Anyone else in ED got this strange bug?

Sue

Starts with stomach cramps, then feeling very sick.

OK could have handled that. Thought it was something I'd eaten till I heard from a work colleague it was a thing going round.

But very sore eyes?? Headache? Is this part of the same bug or just some horrible coincidence?

May have to miss my first Goose gig ever :-S:-$

Starts with stomach cramps, then feeling very sick.

OK could have handled that. Thought it was something I'd eaten till I heard from a work colleague it was a thing going round.

But very sore eyes?? Headache? Is this part of the same bug or just some horrible coincidence?

May have to miss my first Goose gig ever :-S:-$

Actually I did have really sore eyes and they were a little weepy too. I haven't been away or been bitten. But I am all better now too. Hopefully it wont last long for everyone else.

(Edited for very bad spelling!)

Actually I did have really sore eyes and they were a little weepy too. I haven't been away or been bitten. But I am all better now too. Hopefully it wont last long for everyone else.

(Edited for very bad spelling!)

espelli Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue have you been anywhere tropical? Or been

> bitten by an insect recently?

xxxxxx

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

No nowhere tropical but did have a strange little what looked like an insect bite on my arm recently, can't even remember where it was now, you don't think my sore eyes are related do you, please say no!!!!!

espelli Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue have you been anywhere tropical? Or been

> bitten by an insect recently?

xxxxxx

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

No nowhere tropical but did have a strange little what looked like an insect bite on my arm recently, can't even remember where it was now, you don't think my sore eyes are related do you, please say no!!!!!

Not necessarily but your original post reminded me of the symptoms I had when I had Dengue Fever (mosquito spread tropical disease)My eyes would hurt if I looked in a different direction too quickly.

This does not sound like Dengue though if it is over in a day or two. Sorry to panic you! just worth mentioning in case you had been somewhere tropical. Dengue is not as bad as malaria although it feels pretty horrendous when you are going through it!

Hope you feel better soon.

Not necessarily but your original post reminded me of the symptoms I had when I had Dengue Fever (mosquito spread tropical disease)My eyes would hurt if I looked in a different direction too quickly.

This does not sound like Dengue though if it is over in a day or two. Sorry to panic you! just worth mentioning in case you had been somewhere tropical. Dengue is not as bad as malaria although it feels pretty horrendous when you are going through it!

Hope you feel better soon.

If you are very worried and have been sick for more than 3 days with diarrhoea or vomiting go to the doctor. Sore eyes could have a number of causes - allergic rhinitis (very common even in people who do not have other symptoms in nose), sitting in front of a computer screen too long with bad lighting, tiredness because of poor quality sleep. If you really don't want to go to the doctors or cannot get an appointment, speak to a pharmacist. There may well be medically trained people on the Forum and it would be great if they responded but failing that, you may just end up with a bit of scare mongering (Dengue Fever?!).

Edited to say, I hope you feel better soon.

If you are very worried and have been sick for more than 3 days with diarrhoea or vomiting go to the doctor. Sore eyes could have a number of causes - allergic rhinitis (very common even in people who do not have other symptoms in nose), sitting in front of a computer screen too long with bad lighting, tiredness because of poor quality sleep. If you really don't want to go to the doctors or cannot get an appointment, speak to a pharmacist. There may well be medically trained people on the Forum and it would be great if they responded but failing that, you may just end up with a bit of scare mongering (Dengue Fever?!).

Edited to say, I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Sue ny sons girlfriend had it, only lasted a day, I was away and he phoned me at 2.30am, panicking. He gave her some slippery elm which helped her stomach, but no sore eyes. Anything with eyes I use castor oil before bed, put some on cotton wool before sleeping and wipe over eyes, dont worry about it going into eyes, it will stop infection, help remove anything in there, Ive found it to be great for most eye complaints.

Hi Sue ny sons girlfriend had it, only lasted a day, I was away and he phoned me at 2.30am, panicking. He gave her some slippery elm which helped her stomach, but no sore eyes. Anything with eyes I use castor oil before bed, put some on cotton wool before sleeping and wipe over eyes, dont worry about it going into eyes, it will stop infection, help remove anything in there, Ive found it to be great for most eye complaints.

No definitely not dengue fever, my ex had that in Malaysia following a dodgy mosquito net in some vile hotel in a city in Sumatra (country dropping) whose name escapes me but where I never want to go again, grammar, and was very much iller than this!

I'm not worried about any of it, just interested to know whether anybody had had the sore eyes as part of the other bug.

But thanks all :)