SNUBS new project

Hi All

Hope you are well, just wanted to let you know about SNUBS new project. Marilyn and I recently applied and was awarded Cleaner greener safer money to pilot a scheme in East Dulwich. The scheme is food composting on a commercial level. We have these lovely eateries who serve yummy food, and no doubt a little gets thrown out, instead of sending it to landfill we want to use the waste food and turn it into compost for the local allotments and local schools. This is where the next project comes in, we have also received a very small amount of money for container garden beds for the local schools, Goodrich, Heber, Goosegreen and Summers house. In the next few weeks we will be approaching parents/Teachers and local tradesman to help with the construction and development of the container garden beds. Hopefully in the next few months our local children will be growing their own veg. We will need volunteers, I have approached a local tradesman,but if you have green fingers and a little free time please pm me or email me [email protected]

Thanks

ED SNUB

Hi Monica, really interested in the 'container garden beds for the local schools' project.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help...

Would also be happy to make some sort of donation, winter veg seedlings, packets of seeds, some of my time, etc. I have plenty of experience related to working with inner city schools and kids, so hands on is also a possibility for me... keep me posted.

Sounds like a fantastic community project... well done, you're a great asset to the area...

xxcc

Thanks Charlie for the compliment, can you pm me your email address, so I can gather a list of volunteers to delegate too. If there are any Teachers from the schools I have mentioned or parent goveners who would like to help please pm me. Marilyn will be speaking to the schools in the next few weeks to organise the start of the project.

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> we have also received a

> very small amount of money for container garden

> beds for the local schools, Goodrich, Heber,

> Goosegreen and Summers house.

Really good idea, but where is 'Summers House', I've never heard of it?

Hi Monica,

I'd really like to help where I can, particularly with Heber. I work part time and look after my 2yr old daughter the rest of the time but she'd be happy to come along for planting - I have some cherry toms and corgette plants going spare if that would also help?

x

Hi Suzanne Il email you nearer the time, we are in the planning stages at the moment. Kristymac thank you for the offer, Please keep hold of the courgettes and tomato plants, we need seeds and plants, il email you nearer the time

Can you pm me your email, Suzanne I have your email.

Thanks again ladies.

Hi Monica,

Just to echo Charliecharlie, you really ARE an asset to ED. Anyway, can't give up any time but I would be pleased to supply the project with some plants and seeds. E.g. I should have some strawberry plants later on in the year. Also, provided I get a good crop of tomatoes, squashes and pumpkins THIS year, I should have a good collection of seeds for these veg for sowing NEXT year. And who knows, I might have other bits and bobs which I would be delighted to donate to such a brilliant cause. Also, I might see if I can cut and paste your posting to our Allotment Society...you never know...

I shall pm you my email address so you can give me a nudge from time to time.

Hi CharlieCharlie and the other kind people who have volunteered to help Gardens for schools we now have the Garden container beds sponsored and Constructed by local tradesmen, Mcgovern Carpentry.

We have groundwork Southwark who will be supplying the labour for the transportation and placement of the Garden beds. We are elated with how everything is developing, hopefully the gardens for schools will officially start once we have spoken to the Headteachers of the schools.

Thanks again ED, Community action rocks :)-D

monica Wrote:

> Lady Muck il give you the nod, We have no room to

> store them and I am sure the plants left in your

> tender caring hands will be nurtured and loved.B)

Ooooh, flattery will get you absolutely everywhere!!

LM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Just an update to those who have been asking what is happening. Marilyn Donahue my Fellow Snubber is in the USA, when she returns we will be meeting with the schools to discuss the logistics for the Gardens for Schools. To those who have volunteered time/Plants/seeds I will email you nearer the planting time.

SNUB would also like to thank Dulwich DIY for sponsoring the project.

Cheers guys.:)-D

monica Wrote:

> Hi All

> Hope you are well, just wanted to let you know

> about SNUBS new project. Marilyn and I recently

> applied and was awarded Cleaner greener safer

> money to pilot a scheme in East Dulwich. The

> scheme is food composting on a commercial level.

> We have these lovely eateries who serve yummy

> food, and no doubt a little gets thrown out,

> instead of sending it to landfill we want to use

> the waste food and turn it into compost for the

> local allotments and local schools. This is where

> the next project comes in, we have also received a

> very small amount of money for container garden

> beds for the local schools, Goodrich, Heber,

> Goosegreen and Summers house. In the next few

> weeks we will be approaching parents/Teachers and

> local tradesman to help with the construction and

> development of the container garden beds.

> Hopefully in the next few months our local

> children will be growing their own veg. We will

> need volunteers, I have approached a local

> tradesman,but if you have green fingers and a

> little free time please pm me or email me

> [email protected]

>

> Thanks

> ED SNUB

Hello again Monica,

Have today sent details of your latest project to the "Chair" of our allotment society for possible inclusion in our next Newsletter. Hopefully this will generate more goodies/time etc. for this worthy cause.

LM.