police cordon tape seen on Barry Road

i was driving along barry rd & saw a police cordon(blue tape), i think it was around a couple of houses. there were also two police cars present..... any ideas what was going on? it was not far from sylvester rd, plough end... i was passing at around 8.20pm sat evening...

Appaerntly.

A group of boys was trying to get to a young boy who was in the house by kicking down the front door do not know if he was stabbed but i know there was an ambulance as well as police till quite late in the night

Dulwich is slowly becomming a GHETTO we need to do something about the youngsters

tiger ranks Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dulwich is slowly becomming a GHETTO we need to do

> something about the youngsters

If you took all the speculative threads on here to the letter, you could probably frighten yourself into a coma quite easily.

only been here two weeks and this forum is flippin' scaring me! I got a cab home for ?30 on sat night cos I was too worried about walking home from bus. Not good eh? I'm sure it's safe and I'm sure it's me being an idiot.....but really, it would be nice for everyone to post about their positive experiences cos, now i is sh*****g myself, innit.

Sally81 Wrote:

> only been here two weeks and this forum is

> flippin' scaring me! I got a cab home for ?30 on

> sat night cos I was too worried about walking home

> from bus. Not good eh? I'm sure it's safe and I'm

> sure it's me being an idiot.....but really, it

> would be nice for everyone to post about their

> positive experiences cos, now i is sh*****g

> myself, innit.

Honestly - there is nothing to worry about - if you've lived almost anywhere else in London you were more in danger walking home. I don't think anyone ever posts about the time they got a bus home and nothing happened though.

I've lived here for years, and the only trouble I've ever had was a very polite middle-class sounding mugger on Uplands Road who I pushed over a wall.

Sally, take comfort from the fact that this sort of things goes on all the time and just because some people have taken to posting everything that happens doesn't make it any worse

When I moved here 8 years ago the place was awash with police yellow signs asking for help. They stopped doing that not because the incidents stopped happening but because it made people feel jumpy

It it better to know about everything? You could make a case but when you can clearly see people on here saying ridiculous things like the place is becoming a "ghetto" well then I would argue that people are better off not posting. It doesn't seem to have helped anybody in any practical sense but it sure makes the place (and I mean the forum not the area) a lot less fun to be in

Free speech and all that means you can't STOP people posting about this stuff but it's best ignored. Spending ?30 on cabs for safety sake is no way to live a life..

lenk Wrote:

> Sally81 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > only been here two weeks and this forum is

> > flippin' scaring me! I got a cab home for ?30

> on

> > sat night cos I was too worried about walking

> home

> > from bus. Not good eh? I'm sure it's safe and

> I'm

> > sure it's me being an idiot.....but really, it

> > would be nice for everyone to post about their

> > positive experiences cos, now i is sh*****g

> > myself, innit.

>

> Honestly - there is nothing to worry about - if

> you've lived almost anywhere else in London you

> were more in danger walking home. I don't think

> anyone ever posts about the time they got a bus

> home and nothing happened though.

>

> I've lived here for years, and the only trouble

> I've ever had was a very polite middle-class

> sounding mugger on Uplands Road who I pushed over

> a wall.

Tht was me, you ****, I jut wanted to ask the time!

The incident happened 7.30ish Saturday night and was a dispute between adults, no "yoofs" were involved. It was a very heated argument which resulted in a stabbing, though no major injuries were incurred. Police were called by neighbours and the miscreant arrested within the hour.

Unless you were one of the arguing parties then it is very unlikely it would comprimise neighbourhood safety.

Sally81 Wrote:

> only been here two weeks and this forum is

> flippin' scaring me! I got a cab home for ?30 on

> sat night cos I was too worried about walking home

> from bus. Not good eh? I'm sure it's safe and I'm

> sure it's me being an idiot.....but really, it

> would be nice for everyone to post about their

> positive experiences cos, now i is sh*****g

> myself, innit.

Sally, I'm newish to East Dulwich and agree with the person who said that no one is going to post about the time they walked from the bus stop and nothing happened. I moved here around the time that postings on incidents on Barry Road began appearing. Starting with a crash involving an Ikea lorry! If it hadn't been for this forum I would not even have heard about it. My point is that I haven't lived in another area which has such an active internet forum, thus you will hear stories like this you would otherwise be unaware of.

I moved here from Peckham (hence my imaginative username) and if it had an internet forum as active and informative as this one I don't think I would have been able to step foot out the door.

paragon Wrote:

> I lived on Barry Road for 18 months with my

> Girlfriend. The worst that ever happened was a bit

> of music on a Saturday night.

Well EXCUSE ME! I realise Extreme Noise Terror aren't to everyone's taste and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Haha, I saw it this afternoon and it made me chuckle. It reminds me of a thread on imdb.com in which numerous people posted to recount the time when the didn't meet Simon Pegg (since so many people had claimed to have met him).