ED Warehouse

Has anyone been to ED Warehouse lately in Zenoria St. behind Caffe Nero?

It seems to be changing and has some new people in there. There is a lovely clothes unit called Tablet, a clock and watch repairer, a lingerie unit and a new interiors unit called Parma Violet. The chicken coop walls have come down and it's becoming more open plan. I heard that a farmers pantry is opening at the back. There's a new greengrocers next door too.

I really must get down there at some point, have never made it yet.

Thing is, it is just so missable, they need to advertise more, a big flashing sign on the main road might help. If Foxtons can get away with their shop front, then surely a huge pink flashing arrow couldn't hurt!

Oh 'eck, that was me, wasn't it? I think we frostily agreed to disagree in the end. Ah me... happy days.

I haven't been in the Warehouse for ages - used to go every week for my cheese but then Mootown mooved.

*makes resolution to have a wander in at the weekend*

Moos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh 'eck, that was me, wasn't it? I think we

> frostily agreed to disagree in the end. Ah me...

> happy days.

>

> I haven't been in the Warehouse for ages - used to

> go every week for my cheese but then Mootown

> mooved.

>

> *makes resolution to have a wander in at the

> weekend*

Moos - we agreed to disagree reasonably amicably, my war was with OTHERS.....some of whom I now may now have a beer with from time to time :)-D

This thread re-ignited my interest in the warehouse having not been for ages. Looks so much better and new area (parma violet?) had loads of stuff that will be returning to purchase

Farmhouse pantry may be worth a look when it opens

Fruit and veg place out front is probably wonderful but was immediately put off by the "ello darlin" when I walked past - not that i was offended just that it made me feel awkward and not want to stop.

Mrs TimN

"Thing is, it is just so missable"

I think part of the problem on the lane is that alot of good shops are just so far apart. Would it be so terrible if all the clothes shops were closer to each other, rather than them being on - Nortcross Road, one end of LL, the other end of LL, Melbourne Grove etc etc.

That end of LL to me, is a committed walk with no guarantee of satisfaction. Being able to peruse stock and compare one shop to another should not involve a hike!

A lot of these shops must rely on passing trade. I would rarely (maybe never) go out of my way to go to a shop like ed or Roullier White, but if I'm walking past I might take a look inside, and maybe even buy something. So I think being mixed up a bit works in their favour.

I just mean that if I go down to LL looking for some new clothes, check something out in Ed, go and have a look in Celestial, Petals, Sugar and then decide I want the thing I saw in Ed - it is quite a hike!

:)