new barbers on LL - any good?

I had mine done yesterday as there was no queue. Very nice guy (didn't catch his name) decent price haircut and seems to understand the value of providing a good service so he gets repeat business and recommendations. He has another shop in Clapham which has been there for many years and has a very loyal clientele - although he is concentrating on the LL branch until he has built up a customer base.

Jazz' Barbers is great, best short back and sides I've had done locally. I used to go to his shop on Lavender Hill until I moved over here so was very pleased to see he'd opened up on LL. At ?12 a trim you can't complain at all.

kat.joseph Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The barbers opposite the Plough up the top of LL

> has just been re-done, think its called Roche? My

> partner went there last week and its the best cut

> hes every had, and we've been living here 23

> years! Def worth a try

I went there once. Had the worst hair cu tin my life... the "barber" didn't even bother to cut the back of my head!!!

It's the closest to my house.... says something if I'd rather walk 20 mins down the lane!

Sporthuntor Wrote:

> I go to the Clipper, the bloke with tons of

> tattoos does the best cut I reckon - the other

> guys do a good cut too, no complaints!

2nd the Clipper, Darren the owner did my usual "no.2 all over" this week, 9 quid job done. though I do miss Vas.......

kat.joseph Wrote:

> The barbers opposite the Plough up the top of LL

> has just been re-done, think its called Roche? My

> partner went there last week and its the best cut

> hes every had, and we've been living here 23

> years! Def worth a try

Do you work there?

my hubby went to Jazz the other day and he was very impressed - and so was I. Def worth a shot and at 12 a pop rather than the 30 odd he used to pay at Willis B it's worth it for sure. The barber seems really friendly and attentive, I hope they do well.

Declan Wrote:

> kat.joseph Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The barbers opposite the Plough up the top of

> LL

> > has just been re-done, think its called Roche?

> My

> > partner went there last week and its the best

> cut

> > hes every had, and we've been living here 23

> > years! Def worth a try

>

> Do you work there?

Have been getting barnet cut there for last 10 years - Great banter, up to date local info & seriously good value. This place doesn't need publicising - Mr Roche knew that the lightbulb emporium was changing hands next door, so gave the shop a spruce up in anticipation. p.s. one of his chaps cuts the hair for the homeless over a week in december for nowt

I've just moved to the area and I've been to Clippers which wasn't bad but I now go to the one on East Dulwich Road, two doors down from Locale Restaurant. It doesn't look much from the outside but the Turkish bloke that cuts my hair is superb. It's easily the best hair cut I've ever had and it's only ?9. As I said it doesn't compete with others in terms of snazzy exteriors and poncy decor all the effort is put into cutting hair. I would definitely recommend it.