New Italian deli and tea room (by Dulwich Library)

Hey folks, there might already be a thread about this but here goes. New Italian deli and tea shop was being finalised beside lloyds at top end of LL, by Dulwich Library. It's in the premises that was Plough Electrics. Anyone know anything about this? Have they chosen somewhere a little too out of the way?

I think it's a great location - but then I'm biased as I live round the corner. And anyway, they've got a large catchment area stretching down to the village and up towards Friern/Upland and the Harvester. No competition

I live around the corner so i'm delighted they're there - the bus stop outside is always packed in the mornings if thats any reflection of the potential footfall.

Best of luck to them

Now all we need is someone to do something out the half finished shops/apts across the road!

I'm also looking forward to it opening - with this shop and also Somerfields (not eveyone's taste perhaps), its nice to see something happening at this end of the lane. Its a bit of a walk to the bottom of the lane from where I live.

How can this be out of the way? It's just the other end of Lordship Lane! Will be well served by library and park goers, not to mention us folk who live this end. I am very (maybe too) excited about it opening. Is it called Tea Amore, or Tea & More?!

I popped in this morning. Seems quite nice. Range of pastries, anti-pastas, breads, olives etc. The staff seemed pleasant and there is a small seating area out the back in the 'garden'.

I will actually buy something next time and I hope they do well.

I went in yesterday - I came over all excited that it was open. I had a great toasted ciabatta sandwich and good coffee. The staff were very nice, being both accommodating and charming to my son. Thoroughly welcome addition to this end of LL.

There is already a well established cafe at this end of LL. The Bread of Life Cafe has been successfully running for a number of years in Christ Church at the end of Barry Road. It is a commercial concern run by Lynn and Yvonne, and is very well populated by young and old customers. Meals are cooked to order and fresh ingredients are used. Open 9 - 5 during the week only.Traid Craft Centre is open 10 - 4 pm weekdays and 10 - 1 on Saturdays.

I believe that once a month Christ Church will offer a lunch on a Saturday as part of its fund raising efforts. I had a great meal for ?3.50 last week.