New Gym in ED?

i had a look around the new gym in forest hill yesterday, its where the old mcdonalds used to be, it is very well equipped, and is quite large, there is a large basement area where the changing rooms and sauna are with what i was told will be the largest free weight room in the area, they have personal trainers and a a lot of classes planned. My partner became a founder member this month with a joining fee of ?20, don't know when this offer ends but i think the monthy fee is about ?38 a month, i think i will join when i am well enough after a few months of illness as it is quite good for people this end of East Dulwich i can walk there no problem or go on my way back from work via forest hill station.

PS i dont work for them, i am a pastry chef so my job is keeping people fat not thin ;)

BCoffee, they are also redevloping the gym at Dulwich Baths and it looks like its gonna be a really good health centre - once it's actually finished. Sadly won;t be ready for at least a year. In the meantime folk have got to put up with the dilapidated, off-putting conditions there - for pretty much the same price as the spanking new gym at FHill. I'm heading for the Hills.

Spark67: yes the delicious irony of a gym replacing McDonalds! Tidy!

Thanks for all your replies. Does anyone know the name/contact details of the Forest Hill one? I'm not very familiar with the Forest Hill area but know it's relatively close. Have been loking for a gym to join for ages. Have heard about potential changes to the Dulwich Baths one but need something reasonable in the meantime.

Is the FH one close to the station? The joining offer and monthly fee sound reasonable. Much better that the ?120/month quote I'm getting Canary Wharf:-o

the deal at the hamlets was a government scheme called CHANGE FOR LIFE,and is now not running anymore because the 100 cheap memberships have all been filled,there is also the newish gym in LL called ESPH,but its pretty expensive.....HAMLETS IS OK THO...

Thanks for all your replies! FH gymm sounds perfect, particularly given it's close to the station. Let me know how you get on with signing up, NorthLondoner. Also, it'll be great to know what kind of users they have (professional versus gangster;o)

I look forward to hearing back!

Browncoffee: Fully signed up to Energie in FH. Phone 8 699 4848. Part of a franchised network. Seems ok with decent equipment and lots of classes. Rock bottom prices - ?38 per month.

Bit of a wrench "resigning" from Virgin Active in Streatham - but it's such a long way from the 'hood.

PS. Distinct lack of gangsters. And ho's for that matter.

See you down there!

Pip pip!