FOUND: black cat

Extremely talkative, skinny black cat found in Friern Road yesterday.

Has an ID collar, but the tag is missing. Small bell on collar too.

Would be very grateful of any assistance in finding it's proper home.

Emily Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This forum is fantastic for finding cats. My

> little cat was found via the forum, for which we

> are very grateful.

Not a cat owner so curious as to why cats get lost?

It depends on the cat. I had one go missing once - she had been spayed - and she only went to the next street and was found in someone's garden. I had put up notices and they called me. After that she never disappeared again except to go to a neighbour's two doors down to visit when I was at work. Some cats are more inquisitive than others. They are more likely to get injured at night by traffic. Usually you keep cats in for a couple of weeks after moving in and hope everything works out after that.