Has anyone else heard the fireworks at 10.45 tonight?

A

Has anyone else heard the fireworks? Nr. Crystal Palace/Goodrich Rd/Thompson Rd area at 10.45 pm. this evening??? they sounded like explosions going off! I can't believe people are so lacking in thought for other people particularly when there are so many children in the area.

I've just heard them and I live just off Red Post Hill, SE24 - my two cats came bounding in running behind the settee.

I feel sorry for people with babies and young children who've just managed to sit down for the night!

I was really struggling to get no one twin off to sleep (teething!) and he had just that SECOND closed his eyes when the bloody things started going off. Was it D College? I'm going to complain. Surely there is some law about loud noise like that after 9.30pm or something?

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Depends if you think about other people or just

> don't give a shit about your neighbours.

Indeed. There will also be animals that were scared because of it. But anyway, if you want to let off fireworks, do it as soon as it's dark, and get it over with quickly. It kept on stopping and starting. And it was really really loud in our front bedroom. No 1 baby was very distressed.

There is a law regarding the use of fireworks - their use is banned between 11:00pm and 07:00 am except for Diwali, Guy Fawkes, New Year and Chinese New Year.

Whilst the sound might have annoyed you last night, if it's only a one off thing and they weren't outside of the curfew times then it's worth while having a little perspective on this 'event' - it would be quite mean-spirited to make a complaint about it to the college/authorities etc and will more than likely get you nowhere anyway.

Yes, I am also dead against loud, annoying noises disrupting the peace. Particularly when I'm trying to enjoy a quiet coffee in one of the cafe's around the area. You know the places - where doe eyed parents watch adoringly as their children charge about without hinderance of adult supervision.

Bless.

Liloli: What is MIL?

Of course there was a possibility that 'our kid' might have been woken-up.

What I do is, shut my eyes and remember all the occasions when 'our kid' has woken someone else up.

And then, I try to imagine those other people, all enjoying the fireworks on Saturday night.

Seems to work.

Ms T Wrote:

> CYPRIOT TURK Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I heard them as well on Friern road, but they

> did

> > not go on for long, thankfully

Unlike all the building/diy noise.

>

I personally believe that the building noise is much worse, at least with fireworks they look pretty.

>

>

northlondoner Wrote:

> Yes, I am also dead against loud, annoying noises

> disrupting the peace. Particularly when I'm trying

> to enjoy a quiet coffee in one of the cafe's

> around the area. You know the places - where doe

> eyed parents watch adoringly as their children

> charge about without hinderance of adult

> supervision.

> Bless.

>

> Liloli: What is MIL?

Mother-in-law

>:D northlondoner Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Yes, I am also dead against loud, annoying

> noises

> > disrupting the peace. Particularly when I'm

> trying

> > to enjoy a quiet coffee in one of the cafe's

> > around the area. You know the places - where

> doe

> > eyed parents watch adoringly as their children

> > charge about without hinderance of adult

> > supervision.

> > Bless.

> >

> > Liloli: What is MIL?

>

>

> Mother-in-law

>:D<

The fireworks I heard didn't sound like they were coming from dulwich College- agree with OP more like the Goodrich Road are. I thought they were coming from the same party that were playing Michael Jackson non stop til the early hours - not really complaining though as I had quite a lively bash a couple of weeks ago. Was bit disappointed that it didn't make the forum!

I am fine with fireworks but not after certain hours, personally I think 11pm is too late to allow fireworks to go on for. 9pm should be the cut off line, they were bloody loud, and my niece woke up with nightmares because of the fireworks and didn't settle back down until 2am. I really do think 10pm is late for fireworks and I am not tha old either!