Dead black cat - top of Barry Road

Not a good road for black cat owners. I found a dead black cat there a few months ago - well actually I said to my friend 'look at the cat having a sleep in the gutter' and she gently pointed out that puss was more than asleep. I knocked on a few doors and found the owner who was devastated as their other cat had been run over a few weeks before. Rest in peace kitty.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ..and the murders?

...people getting enraged by the high speed traffic and taking it out on bystanders?

(ok so maybe the traffic speed only applies to the dead cats and accidents).

Does anyone know what happened to this cat (vet, council, etc.)? Our black cat has been missing from a little further up Barry Road since at least Saturday. We were away last week and are checking with the people who were feeding her when they last saw her, but are obviously worried that it might have been our cat (she does have a collar, but sometimes loses it).

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that, I think the original poster meant well but I have idea where the cat might be if it is yours. Perhaps you should phone Southwark Council?

Hope your cat turns up safe and well.

Hi. Barry Rd is not my neck of the woods, I just happened to be up there the other day.

I didn't move the cat because when my cat was run over, I had to rely on a description on the forum and then wait for him not to turn up before I knew it was definitely him. Although not pleasant, I think most owners would want to know what has happened to their cats and actually see/dispose of the body themselves.

Myu husband also saw the cat - it did not have a collar on otherwise he would have checked out if any id. He found a dead cat last year and noted down the id details and then rang up the owner. Turned out it was the owner's mum, cat sitting, and the cat escaped as she opened the street door, she was relieved that the cat had been found. A few days later, hubby opened door and cat's 'mum' was there with loads of cat food as a thank you to our cats!

Hubby rang up the environment people twice and got fed up hanging on for over 10 minutes.