Dr Graeme Garden lookalike in Dulwich Park.

Has anybody else seen the Dr Graeme Garden lookalike walking his labradoodle in Dulwich park? He looks exactly like him except he has olive skin and darker hair. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him and immediately went up to him and said he could make a bit of extra money in the lookalike business as a Dr Graeme Garden. The man didn't even seem to know who Dr Graeme Garden was, in fact I think he was French from his accent. There wasn't even any reaction when I mentiond The Goodies!

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Blinking eck!! What is worse being famous or

> looking like someone famous!!

Having a Doppelg?nger.. I had one while I was at uni, it was terrible, friends would go on abt how rude i was because i ignored them when i passed them in the streets etc. It happened many times & sadly i never got to meet him, we could have ruled the world together :(

I bumped into 'Dr Graeme Garden' again at around 11pm last night as he was leaving one of those new restaurants opposite the Rye. As chance had it I had an old copy of Radio Times with the famous I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue cover and pointed out his face sake. Turns out our Dr Graeme Garden lookalike is a heart surgeon at King's College Hospital called Henri who is originally for Lyon in France. We briefly talked about Dr Graeme Garden (Henri did not know much about him at all, but did recollect the radio 4 gameshow on prompting) and I did mention again that he could make some extra money for the retirement fund from the lookalike business. If anybody else spots him remember to point out his uncanny likeness to Dr Graeme Garden (albeit with darker skin and hair) and maybe we could have another tick on the showbiz roster in East Dulwich!

Bryan Cocksedge Wrote:

> I bumped into 'Dr Graeme Garden' again at around

> 11pm last night.....

> Turns out our Dr Graeme Garden

>

>is originally for Lyon

> in France.

Hey, Cocksedge,

Do you know if he plays Petanque? Perhaps he prefers 'Boule Lyonnaise'.

(ugh. the mere mention leaves a bad taste in one's mouth).

Bryan, how do you pronounce your second name?

Is it Cock - Sedge?

Or is it Cocks - Edge?

Or maybe, since you freely admit to walking around with an old copy of the Radio Times, surely a sign that you're a regular on the Dulwich Supper circuit, is it Co - Sedge, like that port advert that comes out every Christmas?..

Possibly a porter who has visions of grandeur as it seems unlikely that someone of such high esteem would volunteer such high profile information.. of course it may have been the real Doctor Garden living out his fantasy... perhaps time to check the storyline in your latest copy of the Radio Times!?

Andystar Wrote:

... a Doppelg?nger.. I had one while I was at

> uni, it was terrible, friends would go on abt how

> rude i was because i ignored them when i passed

> them in the streets etc. It happened many times &

> sadly i never got to meet him, we could have ruled

> the world together :(

Perhaps you have a split personality and no Doppelgaenger at all. Have you considered this possibility?

Hi I'm from Sydenham .. I'm just passing through .. and stumbled across this interesting thread. Thought I'd contribute.

Ironically there's a tramp (sorry .. forgot this was the posh, P.C. East Dulwich forum: homeless person/residentially challenged person) down our highstreet in Sydders and he's a dead spit for Willie Rushton. Maybe we can get a 'Sorry I Haven't a Clue' tribute group going made up of random south east London look-a-likes.

• 2 weeks later...